Quantcast

Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse 4K Blu-ray Review & Comments

jakimp

thanks Cas - ordered it on the faith of your opinion which rarely differs from my own it seems - you are a bad influence!!

SimonHavfc

Can’t wait to watch this, Steelbook arrived today from Zoom.

Thanks for the great review.

Winnie1221

Great review Cas, had this one on my radar and after your review, it is now a must buy..... :smashin:

Casimir Harlow

Blu-ray Reviewer
Thanks for your review, Casimir, but I think you may have inflated the price somewhat (£35!).:eek:

It's currently £25 on Amazon:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Spider-man-Spider-Verse-Ultra-Blu-ray-Region/dp/B07L3KYHNR/ref=sr_1_2?crid=25A9HTKNEB4B9&keywords=spiderman+into+the+spiderverse&qid=1555794907&s=dvd&sprefix=spiderman,aps,159&sr=1-2

May be cheaper elsewhere if you shop around?
It was £35 on pre-order (although I'm sure they dropped/refunded before release). Ridiculous, I know. I went with the Zoom steelbook; they delivered it early too. :thumbsup:

mckee74

I'm going to wait for the French release as it includes the 3D disc too.

raymondo77

Distinguished Member
Wow. What a film, and what a disc. The visual design is staggering, the soundtrack and mix excellent, and one of the best origin stories I've seen. Hilarious and touching, I had heard this film was good but it exceeded my expectations by quite some margin.:D

Robbo72

I really cannot understand the fuss about this, I saw it at the cinema and absolutely hated it :eek:
Same here...I imported the US version and fell asleep twice and the 4K had a weird 3D image to it....my 13yr old son loved it,just not for me.

encaser

Nice review, Cas.
Shame I disagree about the film. The story has been done before, lots, and the multi ethnic swerve felt cheap.
It does have a few laughs but the blurred in Verse and confusingly out of Verse too shots pissed me off and looked like you should be wearing 3D glasses.

ozzzy189

Anyone compared the disc with the rakuten hdr uhd stream? It's £13.99 just wondering if I should buy it. The trailer looks incredible

Jonnyb320

Right, on the back of this review I have just ordered the steel book.

Goldorak

Distinguished Member
Superb movie despite some moments which I was wondering if I needed 3D glasses
What needs to be appreciated is the effort to break the mould and innovate...this movie certainly do that and it is refreshing in a sea of look alike animation
A classic in the making....

big boss

I'm going to wait for the French release as it includes the 3D disc too.
I'm ordering from Amazon Germany. Is it also called "Spiderman - a new universe"?

One of the best animated films I've seen in years and a tonic after the incredibly disappointing Incredibles 2.
Looking forward to having this in my 4K collection.
Great review.

invisiblekid

Distinguished Member
Thanks for the review Cas.

I'd get this just to spite Kathleen Kennedy and Disney

Diagnosticz

Thanks Cas Great review. This is my new fav anime, it had everything a great story, amazing colourful visuals with top notch animation amazing work from Sony

A 10 on the forums will always get some criticism but this deserves the full marks just can not fault it

Oldbillgoggles

I'm ordering from Amazon Germany. Is it also called "Spiderman - a new universe"?
Are you ordering the standard 3d blu ray? Some of the reviews on Amazon de say it does not include an English language soundtrack. Would like to know if that's the case, as I'd really like a 3d blu ray of this film but don't want to spend silly money.

Ripsnorter

I really cannot understand the fuss about this, I saw it at the cinema and absolutely hated it :eek:
You are a bad, bad, bad, bad, person :eek:o_O. But, seriously, it all comes down to personal taste and I know some people who didn't 'get' it either, despite having my sitting next to them at the time.

Ripsnorter

One of the best animated films I've seen in years and a tonic after the incredibly disappointing Incredibles 2.
Looking forward to having this in my 4K collection.
Great review.
Didn't Incredibles 2 just just suck? Waiting all this time and then getting that? A technical tour de force that pushed SJW and woke clichés over character and story. I still cannot remember what the bad guy's actual motivation was. In fact, I saw it at a professional screening and people came out asking each other that same question.

stigdu

Sounds really good, so I hope to be picking this up in Tesco on Tuesday, if they have it.

mb3195

Nice review, Cas.
Shame I disagree about the film. The story has been done before, lots, and the multi ethnic swerve felt cheap.
It does have a few laughs but the blurred in Verse and confusingly out of Verse too shots pissed me off and looked like you should be wearing 3D glasses.
Exactly what I thought, I went to a preview showing and actually went and spoke to the staff to question why I hadn’t been supplied glasses. I was convinced it was an out of focus 3D film!!

encaser

Exactly what I thought, I went to a preview showing and actually went and spoke to the staff to question why I hadn’t been supplied glasses. I was convinced it was an out of focus 3D film!!
Sounds embarrassing mate, unless you've actually seen the film and then it's very understandable.

latenightbarbarian

Are you ordering the standard 3d blu ray? Some of the reviews on Amazon de say it does not include an English language soundtrack. Would like to know if that's the case, as I'd really like a 3d blu ray of this film but don't want to spend silly money.
The German 3D blu-ray comes with an English 5.1 DTS-HD MA track. The reviews you mentioned are for the Prime Video stream version.