Quantcast

Spider-Man: Far From Home VR Experience

Jimster71

Distinguished Member
This is out today on the US store and will probably drop on the UK store in the next week or two.

I expect it will be something similar to the free Spider-Man: Homecoming VR 'game'.

No word on if the new one will be free, but it does contain web swinging this time.

oasismark

Distinguished Member
Enjoyed this, expected it to be a vomfest but played with full motion and it was fine!!

Would love a full game, was great just swinging about

Jimster71

Distinguished Member
Enjoyed this, expected it to be a vomfest but played with full motion and it was fine!!

Would love a full game, was great just swinging about
I started to feel off after about 30 mins or so, which is pretty decent for me with this level of movement. I tried the 'comfort' setting, but the default vignette is like playing the game whilst looking down a toilet roll tube!

oasismark

Distinguished Member
yeah i hate the vinette, make it far worse for me.

Jimster71

Distinguished Member
Enjoyed your video - added it to the Download queue but a bit concerned it'll have me feeling sick :/
There are comfort options, but selecting the default 'comfort' option gives you a ridiculous vignette. Set things up manually in settings and then choose the 'user' option when starting the game.

TheyCallMeTJ

Distinguished Member
Finally had a go at this and was highly anticipating it as I actually rather enjoyed the limited Spiderman Homecoming experience.

This definitely has a larger scale than the previous Spiderman freebie which granted didnt have any swining mechanics. But it all looks terribly bland. Even Homecoming had far more details (though from a stationary perspective). Swinging mechanics is initially enjoyable and I love crossing my hands shoot web onto the buidling sides and heave myself forward. But when it came to combat...awful...and its all because of the dreaded restricted Move turning controls. I got used to it but I wasnt enjoying myself so what's the point. I felt like I wasting time with this. There are some wonderful free content on PS Store such as Playroom VR, Rec Room, Allumetti, Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare and a plethora of demos that are far more substantial VR gaming time than this imho. But I am glad PSVR can be used as an interesting free VR experience promotional platform for Hollywood movies and even Music videos (check out Young, Dumb and Broke on PS store as a nice VR music video example).

So compared to other freebies on the store, I think this could have been better.

Last edited:

AMc

Distinguished Member
There are comfort options, but selecting the default 'comfort' option gives you a ridiculous vignette. Set things up manually in settings and then choose the 'user' option when starting the game.
Got this running last night for an hour or so. Had an initial issue with putting on the mask - I couldn't! Turns out the drawer was just below the camera range so I couldn't reach it, standing up and resetting the view and I was swinging away.

I too found the combat section quite awkward - I ended up behind the mech and trying to get back in front with a giant "TURN AROUND" warning in front of my face wasn't much fun.
I beat it in the end.

I then spent quite a long time in the free roam thing, just swinging about. Looking at the limited amount of scenery and cars.
I climbed the very tallest towers and despite a worry about motion sickness I had no problems.
As you said the Comfort option tunnel vision is way more distracting than the regular view but it made sense to try that first just in case.

I'd love a more detailed or deeper game but all in all, worth every penny :)

AgTa99

Novice Member
Hi - forgive me real newbie question - but I downloaded this for my son and we can't figure out how to start playing. We are stuck at picking up the mask. Which commands do we need to use? We use Sony Move controllers (not sure if there is any other way to play).

AMc

Distinguished Member
Hi - forgive me real newbie question - but I downloaded this for my son and we can't figure out how to start playing. We are stuck at picking up the mask. Which commands do we need to use? We use Sony Move controllers (not sure if there is any other way to play).
I expect you're having the same problem I had - that your head position is towards the bottom of the camera field of view so move controllers are not tracking down into the drawer.
IIRC there isn't a button to grab the mask but it might have been the triggers.
Try adjusting the camera down and resetting the view or as I did, standing up and resetting the view. Once I stood up and reset I just put my hands in the drawer and away we went!

AgTa99

Novice Member
I expect you're having the same problem I had - that your head position is towards the bottom of the camera field of view so move controllers are not tracking down into the drawer.
IIRC there isn't a button to grab the mask but it might have been the triggers.
Try adjusting the camera down and resetting the view or as I did, standing up and resetting the view. Once I stood up and reset I just put my hands in the drawer and away we went!
Possibly, will play with that on weekend (my underage son is not allowed games during the week #notacoolmom haha ). Thank you!