Spider-Man: Far from Home 4K UHD

RedDevil85

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
Links: Amazon.co.uk - HMV - Zavvi - Zoom.co.uk

Release date: 11/11/2019

SM_FfH_4K.jpg

Steelbook option threads: Spider-Man: Far from Home (Zavvi Exclusive) (4K UHD/Blu-ray Steelbook)

Spider-Man: Far from Home - Collector's Edition (Zavvi Exclusive) (4K UHD/Blu-ray Steelbook)

Attachments

• SM_FfH_4K (info).jpg
    SM_FfH_4K (info).jpg
    417.8 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:
— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
Not really worth pre-ordering at this stage if the Zoom code doesn't apply (I know it does if you use PayPal but don't want to pay for it now).

Will be a 100% purchase though.

Seeing the film tonight - can't wait!

It's gone back to having no date again now, but for one day last week Amazon UK had this as a November 11 release date over here.

Mayge not the best place to ask but might as well. Amazon US costs £45 inc import fees. Amazon CA costs £40 (where I pre ordered from) but they don't mention any import fees. Is it worth the extra £5 to buy from Amazon US?

It's gone back to having no date again now, but for one day last week Amazon UK had this as a November 11 release date over here.

Mayge not the best place to ask but might as well. Amazon US costs £45 inc import fees. Amazon CA costs £40 (where I pre ordered from) but they don't mention any import fees. Is it worth the extra £5 to buy from Amazon US?
Yes. You will almost definitely get hit by import fees separately, which will end up costing you about £15 more.

Yes. You will almost definitely get hit by import fees separately, which will end up costing you about £15 more.
Thanks.

Just to add, the Spider-Man Homecoming & Far From Home boxset 4K is still down as November 11th over here, so I'd assume that's when the single one is out.

Thanks.

Just to add, the Spider-Man Homecoming & Far From Home boxset 4K is still down as November 11th over here, so I'd assume that's when the single one is out.
Yes mate, thats the date that popped up. It's not "official official" but you'll be looking 1st half of nov.

I know it always happens with the MCU films but that seems like a very long time between the US & UK release dates. A full 6 weeks. The film was released at the cinema at the same time, both sides of the Atlantic.

Won't that affect sales in the UK? The type of of people who are buying and watching 4K UHD discs are generally film enthusiasts and will be fully aware of those release dates and might decide to import.

Seems a bit naive on the part of the distributor to have such a significant delay to the UK disc's release.

I know it always happens with the MCU films but that seems like a very long time between the US & UK release dates. A full 6 weeks. The film was released at the cinema at the same time, both sides of the Atlantic.

Won't that affect sales in the UK? The type of of people who are buying and watching 4K UHD discs are generally film enthusiasts and will be fully aware of those release dates and might decide to import.

Seems a bit naive on the part of the distributor to have such a significant delay to the UK disc's release.
£45 vs £25 though...so there would be some, but not too many that are going to pay almost double the price to get it a few weeks early.

That's just the
£45 vs £25 though...so there would be some, but not too many that are going to pay almost double the price to get it a few weeks early.
Agreed. Not a bloody chance. There was a time when I'd have paid £30/35 from wowhd for new releases (before they charged vat) back in the first year or so of UHD, but that time has definitely passed :rotfl:

Yes, base has a confirmed UK release date of 11th Nov too.

My copy arrived today from Mario. Looking forward to giving it a second watch :)

Nice looking disc, this and Homecoming definitely two of the nicest looking MCU films in 4K. Surprise surprise they're the ones handled by Sony and not Disney :rotfl:

After reading this review from Blu ray I think I’d rather have the Blu, the sound is more important to me & the BD will still look great!
Anyone watched their disc yet & have any opinions on this?
51704D06-0E8E-48CF-9597-3D0ABA7BEE0D.jpeg

After reading this review from Blu ray I think I’d rather have the Blu, the sound is more important to me & the BD will still look great!
Anyone watched their disc yet & have any opinions on this?
View attachment 1199383

Literally the post above yours has my thoughts :p

Unless you're asking for comparisons between the two discs because that I haven't done lol

Literally the post above yours has my thoughts :p

I was specifically referring to the audio ?
how did you find it? Lacking in dynamics? Weak LFE? Etc. ?

I was specifically referring to the audio ?
how did you find it? Lacking in dynamics? Weak LFE? Etc. ?

Ah sorry I thought you were asking about the picture. I dont have an Atmos setup :( but I know all to well about the volume adjustment needed for some of the earlier MCU releases and no had non of that trouble with Far from Home. I normally play films between 55-60 and this was on 55 IIRC when I watched it Tuesday night

Still not sure that answers what you're asking but hopefully it helps lol :rotfl:

First reviews are in And it sounds like Disney Atmous is back with a vengeance.
blu-ray.com say the dts hd 7.1 track ok the regular Blu-ray is far superior...

First reviews are in And it sounds like Disney Atmous is back with a vengeance.
blu-ray.com say the dts hd 7.1 track ok the regular Blu-ray is far superior...
is this a disney release or sony?

is this a disney release or sony?
I think it’s a Sony release, and sure the first one was too.
Can only assume Disney have got involved somewhere with this, maybe supplying Sony with an inferior soundtrack. Maybe it’s revenge for not giving them a bigger share of the profits?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom