1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Spheros input sound question

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by gofer, Mar 30, 2005.

1. gofer

gofer
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Question for any you guys who own a Loewe

Any idea if it is possible to use the internal speaker on the TV as a centre channel speaker using an 5 ch amp output.

Apologies in advance if this is a stupid question. :rolleyes:

2. ianh64

ianh64

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +63
    The Spheros has analogue and digital audio inputs. There are a number of options on how to configure the sound including assigning a digital input to any one of the inputs. However, this will only be one channel, unless your AV amp can seperate into 2 channels or there is a mono option (and I am not sure that there is), you will only get sound out of one side of your Spheros. Off the top of my head, I think that the analogue inputs are possibly fixed to an input, possibly component. Try emailing John Chavena (sp?) at loewe-uk for assistance.

However, center channel is most important channel and, IMO, no matter what the quality of the TV speaker is, the best solution is to ensure that it is matched timbre wise with fL & fR. As this is unlikely to be possible with an internal speakers, a phantom option may be a better bet.

I will have a check in the manual and get back later is I find anything new.

-Ian

3. gofer

gofer
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Cheers Ian

WAF dictates Loewe stand if poss, therefore location of centre speaker is a problem. Don't know why these guys make the cube range with the appropriate hole!