Spendor centre speaker: SR5 above TV or C5E below it?

copydex

Standard Member
Hi. As per the thread title really, I am just wondering if anyone has any experience of which would make the better centre speaker and speaker position in a Spendor 5.1 surround set up, predominantly for music but used for some film viewing too, either a SR5 speaker mounted directly above the TV screen (so about 6' from the ground), or a C5E mounted vertically in a rack below the TV. The below the TV option would be fairly close to the floor (bottom edge of speaker about 4" off it), but with the option to tilt upwards towards the seating position, and would have to be the C5E (rather than SR5) because of limited space within the rack and a turntable on top of it. Other speakers would be 4 x Spendor SR5 for front and rear left/right duties, subwoofer still to be selected though I have a MJ Ref 200 to try.

Any suggestions as to which would be better speaker option? Given that mounting the SR5 requires drilling the wall, it isn't the sort of thing I can easily experiment with, so advice/experience appreciated. Room is only about 13' square and 7' high to ceiling.

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung S95B QD-OLED Review - A Quantum Leap for OLED!
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom