1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Spend the money, you won't regret it :-)

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by Dodgey, Dec 21, 2003.

1. Dodgey

Dodgey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well, what can I say, most posts are questions or complaints so I thought I'd post this happy one :)

I just took the plunge and got rid of my AE109's, 107C, 4 x eltax bipolar rears and a Servo15. I went for a "high end" system (high enough for me thanks!). Got myself Mirage OM-9's front. OM-C2 centre, OM-R2 rears, and a Omnipolar sphere for the surround back. Also grabbed a B&W ASW750 sub. The mains were reduced from £1400 to £950, centre from £600 (used to be £1000) to £400, rears reduced from £400 to £280. Paid pretty much rrp for the sub and rear back. Spend=£2850. Saving=£about 1k. The speakers are omnipolar - they have drivers front and aft to capitalise on reflected sound.

What can I say -I'm blown away, by miles :D :D

The sound is simply astonishing!! I have only every dreamt of sound like this. Everything is full, detailed, rich, wide, powerful. Even my other half is gob smacked.

Tell you what, regarding subs, you can look at size of driver, amp etc. but when you buy a quality item the difference is stunning. I have put my B&W exactly where my servo 15 was and the difference is uncomparable. My LFE is now super low and rich, but not intrusive at all. No booming. When something big happens in a movie, by God you know it too :) . I'm running on about 15% vol on the sub. I'm guessing the 1000w rms has a lot to do with it.

Anyhow, the point is this. If you are toying with shelling out for a top system, take the demo and buy it:D :D Best money I ever burnt.

P.s. powered by a Denon 3803, HK dvd25

happy xmas

2. gringottsdirect

gringottsdirect

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Servo 15 is a quality item ! :D

Maybe your B&W integrates better with your room, that's great. :smashin:
    I went the other way, swapping my B&W to a Servo 15, and my difference was stunning too. :)
    So long as you're happy that's what counts.