1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

spend my 7k

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by IGADHIA, Feb 5, 2003.

1. IGADHIA

IGADHIA

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hello all!

i got 7k to spend on a plasma, amp, prog scan dvd player and 6.1 speakers.

i was thinking a panny plasma (42'' ? 50''?)
    denon 3802
    kef eggs (6.1)
    no idea for dvd player...

would this be the general consensus?

do you think I could get 50'' screen for the price?

thanks for any advice, any retail offers are welcome! looking to purchase within 30days or so. igadhia@bigfoot.com

thanks again

2. zAndy1

zAndy1
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,067
    For £7K I suspect you could do a lot better than the 3802 amp and Kef Eggs! How about a 42" Panasonic 5 series for about £3500 including terminal board and stand. Then UrbanTs second hand Denon AVC-A1SR for £1800 and a set of Anthony Gallo Nucleus Micros and matching sub for about £1500, even got change from your £7K and that's a fantastic system there!

Andy.

3. IGADHIA

IGADHIA

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ideally i would like a 50'' screen... and i heard bad things about the gallos speakers...

what do everybody think?

4. zAndy1

zAndy1
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,067
    The Gallo speakers are fantastic, trust me, I've got them hooked up to my upgraded AVC-A1SE (same as the A1SR to all intents and purposes) and they shine! I think you'll find they are much better than the Kef Eggs, see the Power Buys forum for a few reviews of them.
    By the way looks like UrbanTs A1SR has been sold, bloody bargain it was for £1800! You should be able to get a second hand A1SE for about £1000 though, and that is a bargain! Or how about the new Pioneer amp everyone is raving (VSX-D2011) about for about £800?

Cheers,
    Andy.

5. Joe Fernand

Joe Fernand
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,593
    IGADHIA

Welcome back - you've been saving hard I guess.

With your £7K budget I guess you have to decide now on either getting a balanced system - 42/43" display plus the source and sound system or get the 50" display you really want and a stop gap source and sound system for now and then start saving again for a sound system that matches up to the scale and presentation of the 50" display.

You dont mention room size, speaker placement or aesthetics so its difficult to say which speaker system will potentially work well for you or not.

Also keep in mind that you will need to spend around £250+ on the bits and pieces to glue your system together and to bolt it into or stand it up in your room.

Anyway just send the cheque and I'm sure we can spend your £7K for you :)

Best regards

Joe

6. IGADHIA

IGADHIA

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    not so much saving but building the damn room to put everything in!

I remember speaking to you before about this then I lost your details becuase I didnt access the forums for a while.

so...

about 7k to spend,

i was hoping to get something like

plasma (50'' is at all poss like I said) on a floor stand.
    keg eggs 6.1 with wall brackets
    denon 3802
    a prog scan dvd player
    all nec interlink cables

I had it all worked out but I am sure things have moved along since the last time I checked!

room is a converted garage, speakers must be sub/sat as i have already wired throught the walls for a 6.1 setup. its wood floored (effects the strength of sub needed?)

ideally need to get everything in 7k for now... no more budget allowed for this! (apart from the xbox/cd player/tivo that I will buy later!)

i know 7k is enought for a 42'' setup but I would really prefer 50'' if at all possible?

is possible?

7. dgj

dgj

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Richer sounds are doing the panasonic TH50PHWB for £5499.95 or the Pioneer PDP503HDE for £5799.95.

8. dgj

dgj

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Add the Limit DVD 9900SE for £149 which is Progressive scan, DVD A, to the Panasonic 50inch which is also Progressive scan.

You are still within budget for the amp, cables and speakers.

Richer Sounds do theLimit 9900SE for £149.

9. DazB

DazB
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    av-sales have pdp503mxe £4478 +vat

here

or nexnix have a 503hde with tuner £5260 +vat

here

:smashin:

D

10. nathan_silly

nathan_silly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Andy "Gallo speakers are fantastic, trust me, I've got them hooked up to my upgraded AVC-A1SE "

Why have you got a top of the range AV Amp connected to fairly moderatly required power speakers?

I remember one guy with a Yamaha A1 with a Bose system, and asking whether upgrading to Rotel 1095 would improve the sound!