Speedway in SkyHD?

Abbeygoo

Distinguished Member
Sky Sports recently extended their coverage of the Elite League Speedway to cover the next five years. Also includes each round of The Grand Prix and the Elite League Riders' Championship. :smashin:

Anyone know if the speedway is to be broadcast in HD anytime soon?

Thanks!

Tarbat

Dave5118 said:
LOL that was Abbeygoo himself.....:oops:

@ Abbeygoo.
I wouldn't have thought it would be imminent m8, Sky just don't have the resources at the moment. They will stick to the 'popular' sports for now.
So why on earth was he asking a question that he's already posted the answer to?

Abbeygoo

Distinguished Member
Tarbat said:
So why on earth was he asking a question that he's already posted the answer to?
:eek: Because I've not seen or heard anything since that post about speedway being in HD and wondered if there were any further updates. The post I made was around Sky Sports HD 2 and the increasing content of HD sport and I'd read in another thread that HD speedway was on the way.

Still not heard anything so thought I'd ask a question again to clarify. Thanks for your concern and help :rolleyes: it really does warm the cockles of your heart to see other forum members going to so much trouble

uno

Novice Member
Just stand by AbbeyGoo HD league speedway is on its way the original plan was for it to start later this month but a delay in delivery of Arqiva who films Skys speedway coverage new HD units mean this has been put back a bit possibly in September for the Playoffs if not it will be next year. Regarding the Grand Prix and SWC that is upto Benfield to decide but upon speaking to them earlier this year they were worried at having consistant product and wanted all or nothing in HD this is not a problem in the uk with arqiva providing facilities and OB30 covering Denmark,Sweden and Italian rounds its just a lack of equipment in Poland,Slovenia and other Eastern countries.

Abbeygoo

Distinguished Member
uno said:
Just stand by AbbeyGoo HD league speedway is on its way the original plan was for it to start later this month but a delay in delivery of Arqiva who films Skys speedway coverage new HD units mean this has been put back a bit possibly in September for the Playoffs if not it will be next year. Regarding the Grand Prix and SWC that is upto Benfield to decide but upon speaking to them earlier this year they were worried at having consistant product and wanted all or nothing in HD this is not a problem in the uk with arqiva providing facilities and OB30 covering Denmark,Sweden and Italian rounds its just a lack of equipment in Poland,Slovenia and other Eastern countries.
Thanks for that answer. My original post asked if speedway would be in HD "anytime soon" after originally hearing a start date of August. Thanks for your help - it is appreciated.