Speeding copper

tom_painter85

Standard Member
Reaction score
At the risk of starting up another speeding debate (i apologise in advance if i do) but having just heard on the news that a copper has been found NOT GUILTY of doing approx 160MPH on a motorway in an unmarked traffic car after being caught by his own in-car camera. NOT GUILTY?!! :confused: :mad:

I'm still trying to find a link to the story, but please feel free to discuss...

I see he's also 'trained' in the use of firearms.So when he's next given a new gun and accidentally shoots someone.......... :eek:

thanks mindcrime - was in a bit of a rush when i posted, but that illustrates it nicely.
So how was he found 'not guilty' of speeding? i can almost understand the 'dangerous driving' bit, but surely he was proven to be guilty of speeding...:confused:

Doesn't tell you what car it was but at that speed it would have to be pretty powerful and stable. German cars are restricted to 155mph so maybe it was a Scooby.

I can understand peoples reaction to this, but in a high speed pursuit on a motorway (100-120mph) it's reassuring that the guy behind the wheel of the cop car is driving well wtithin his limits if he has been able to handle the car at 160mph. If he had only tested the car to 120 and a high speed pursuit gets to that speed, then the policeman finds himself in a position where any faster and he himself doesn't know what the car will do.

If it was a newbie copper then yes ban him for a 12 months but this guy obviously knows what he is doing.

Still, JK from Jamiroquai would argue he's capable of doing that speed too.

Richie.

it was a vectra!!!!! and police officers who have passed advanced driver training tend to drive to the road not the sign posts, a mate of mine and ex rally driver (amatuer) failed his advanced driver course, and i agree that on that aprticular motorway at that time of night 160 is safe, especially with an advanced driver behind the wheel......

"Even in emergencies we consider that driving at 100mph or more is too dangerous."
tell that to any copper involved in a car chase....cars are far more capable these days and even relatively modest motors can do well over 100, and they would have no chance of catching anyone on a motorbike!!!

hornydragon said:
it was a vectra!!!!!
I take my comments back, that car isn't stable at 160 ! Ban him for life !

:D

maybe so, but all it takes is somone to not see him...i don't know, it just gets my goat that he was let off without so much as a 'don't do it again mate' or at least a 'dont get caught again'

http://news.bbc.co.uk/nolpda/ukfs_news/hi/newsid_4461000/4461977.stm
The video, shown at Ludlow Magistrates Court on Tuesday, showed top speeds of 159mph on the M54 motorway.

Pc Milton, an advanced police driver, denies all the charges.

The officer told the court on Tuesday he had been familiarising himself with the characteristics of a new car and his driving was always consistent with the training of an advanced driver.

Pc Milton is also accused of driving at 100mph in a 60mph zone and 60mph in 30mph zones.

The court was told on Monday Pc Milton reached the speeds while testing out a new Vauxhall Vectra GSI police car during night patrol in December 2003.
imagine if they had given him the keys to a lotus carlton!!!!!

I must remember the excuse of "familiarising myself with a new vehicle" next time I feel like doing 160mph on an English road....not sure what the judge's interpretation of that legal precedent would be though!

In all honesty though,it's a ludicrous speed to get up to on an open road,especially when there are sufficient closed tracks available for this sort of test,should the policeman feel it necessary.
Personally,I wouldn't want to be in a Vectra at anything like that speed,unless it was one of the DTM Vectras.

He said he was honing his driving skills. Well that may have been the case on the motorway, but from what I heard he was doing 80MPH in a 30 zone which is down right dangerous. Yet we get done for going over the a couple of MPH.

It’s either safe or not safe to travel over 30MPH and it’s usually the police that say it is not.

one rule for them, and one for us...

I tell you a story about a copper- tho - not car related tho...

after I moved out of my ex-girlfriends place - I moved down the road, a female copper knocked on my door asking for the previous tennant, not wanting to show I had anything ashamed of - she came in, and I showed her some id etc and we shared a bit of small talk...
it turned out that the previous tennant had crashed his car, but nothing serious...

now, I was thinking to myself - hmm...where was the cop car, and why was she by herself..?? but then I didn;t think anymore of it...

then only the other week - I was sitting in my living room and I saw her again, but guess what, she lives across the road from me!! she was just being nosey...can you believe that..? - I've seen her since, in and out of uniform *ooer* popping in and out of her (well, I assume) house...!!

they do take liberties...

rhoamish said:
Err, that's what they're paid to do!!

true.....but as for coming into my gaff and having a nosey at my stuff...wouldn't care but I'd opnly had a jay about an hour before... :D

Mr Cat said:
true.....but as for coming into my gaff and having a nosey at my stuff...wouldn't care but I'd opnly had a jay about an hour before... :D

That would be too mild an issue to lose your liberty over, surely.

It's Chris Finch from The Office!

Attachments

• _41159569_milton203.jpg
    _41159569_milton203.jpg
    8.9 KB · Views: 49
typical old bill - one rule etc

and they have the audacity to wonder why most folk don't respect them :mad:

we'll not get into the subject of 'confiscated' drugs re-apperaing on the street! - oh and free meals/cinema tickets etc and that was from an ex happy valley cop who now has a pub (not the drugs comment)

to be honest (and knowing a few cops) i would not help them in any way/shape/or form unless it involved harm to an individual - sad but true and i'm not in a minority

as for the dipsh*t who got off the driving charge - does he hold an FIA full race licence??

sorry for the rant but these supposed upholders of the law make me sick :devil:

samjet said:
as for the dipsh*t who got off the driving charge - does he hold an FIA full race licence??

Even if he did it doesn't make him any safer on a public road.Why can't the police test their new cars on the track during the day,rather than public roads at night?

Another thought....he's very lucky that in the process of "familiarisation",he didn't familiarise himself with the occupants of another car on the same stretch of road as himself.

He may very well be a trained police driver,but very few persons other than active racing drivers will be able to control,let alone recover a slide or other problem at anything like that sort of speed......and on a track.

As I said before,ludicrous behaviour in the first place,and an equally ludicrous result.

just seen that the 'judge' described him as the 'creme de la creme' of police drivers :confused:

if schumi gets a blow out at 150mph even he cannot avoid a spill - so what chance for dumb plod :suicide:

i seem to recall when tayside police got a couple of sierra cossies - both written off within a few weeks - and not in pursuit :mad:

oh - and another force who kept blowing up the engines on scoobies :devil:

in another life when working as an architect i did quite a few jobs on police buildings - when asking a chief inspector on the best wall protection in the garage he replied ' a solid steel beam' since they drive until they hit the wall!!

or the car wash that said no vans - knackered numerous times!!

or the m1 garage that said no range rovers - numerous 'tits' (light clusters) off the roof!!

or the traffic garage filling station which less than a week after opening was written off when a dipsh*t drove off with the fuel hose still in the tank!!

and on a concluding point - on most building sites one accepts a certain ammount of pilfering (theft) on a police job it broke all previous records

i rest my case your honour :clap:

PS want to hear any stories about firearms trained (supposed :D ) police officers??

samjet said:
just seen that the 'judge' described him as the 'creme de la creme' of police drivers :confused:

even so - a lot of accidents are caused by other people, I mean, what if an oap was crossing the road or something..? it's not like they'd have much chance...

As someone who regularly does 120-130mph on the motorway i fail to see what all the fuss is about :confused:

The guy is an advanced driver the motorway was empty and driving conditions were good no harm done as far as i am concerned.

Adrenochrome.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom