Speed Cameras M6 j39 - A74(M) j6

aphex232

Made a trip up to glasgow and back on saturday Afternoon, noticed speed camera signs everywhere. Im expecting to see the cameras either SPECS or GATSO,or the mobile van ones. could i see any of them? No. But i realised on my way back from glasgow where the hell they were! on the bottom lip of the bridges, black ones (CCTV type ones) on each lane. Im pretty sure il be expecting a letter this week :( for more than one strike as well, i just hope its not a ban. Anyone else seen these on that stretch of M'way?

Scholes18

Did it look like this?

TrafficMasterCam.jpg

If so then they're Trafficmaster cameras , which just report traffic flow so you'll be fine.

Last edited:

Jean Valjean

According to pocketgpsworld.com there are only 2 mobile locations between jnt 40 & 39 and only one northbound on between junction 39 & 38

qwerty321

Are you sure they were black. On the M6 around j10 there are some teal/dark green ones underneath bridges over the middle lane usually. They might be up there to monitor traffic for the hard shoulder scheme but Im not too sure.

However, Ive passed them a lot and never had any letters.

aphex232

Did it look like this?

TrafficMasterCam.jpg

If so then they're Trafficmaster cameras , which just report traffic flow so you'll be fine.

yes i think so....but with no protruding arm? why do they need one on each lane then?

Last edited:

aphex232

Are you sure they were black. On the M6 around j10 there are some teal/dark green ones underneath bridges over the middle lane usually.

yeah defo black, however i know the teal/green coloured ones youre talkin about, they were identical, except in black and over each lane, but tucked into the bridge. and yeah i checked various speedcamera locations webpages todayand they said the same thing but im convinced

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: REL T9/X Subwoofer + Bowers & Wilkins PI7 Reviews, AV Shows in a Pandemic and more
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom