Indicative peak video bit rate: 30.45 Mbps
Audio: DD+ 5.1 384 Kbps

HD - SDR - DD - AVC

Average video bit rate: 10.36 Mbps
Indicative peak video bit rate: 14.94 Mbps
Audio: DD+ 384 Kbps

thats not very impressive

thats not very impressive

25 Mbps AVBR for 4K streaming is quite good mate. The disc will be double for sure but besides few minor compression artifacts you will be struggling to see any difference. With iTunes, you get Dolby Vision and most of these DV streams have better rendition of highlights and nuanced colours than HDR10 on the discs I have compared.

25 Mbps AVBR for 4K streaming is quite good mate. The disc will be double for sure but besides few minor compression artifacts you will be struggling to see any difference. With iTunes, you get Dolby Vision and most of these DV streams have better rendition of highlights and nuanced colours than HDR10 on the discs I have compared.
Ahhh, sorry just realised it was streaming data. It’s been a long day , I thought it was disc. Cheers

Is there any more news on whether the blu ray disc included here will be based off the new 4k remaster? I read on thedigitalbits.com that it was at least in the US, but can see from the previous page on here that the UK might be getting the old standard disc rather than the remaster.

Is there any more news on whether the blu ray disc included here will be based off the new 4k remaster? I read on thedigitalbits.com that it was at least in the US, but can see from the previous page on here that the UK might be getting the old standard disc rather than the remaster.
Is there ANY difference between the UK and US versions of this new 'SPEED' 4K UHD?

Is there ANY difference between the UK and US versions of this new 'SPEED' 4K UHD?

Until someone has a UK copy we really don't know. It's best to assume, as the rear cover art on Amazon would appear to indicate, that the UK edition contains the old Blu-ray compared to the US release which includes a new Blu-ray, remastered, and featuring all of the old DVD bonus features.

Transfer is very nice, very natural, they haven’t over pumped the colours at all & the surround field is very full & active too

As I’ve not preordered yet, would you say I may as well wait till the UK release next Monday and the reviews come in to decide whether to go for the US or the UK release?

Received mine from Wow today (6 days from despatch)

Picture quality is very very good. Lots of detail. Highly recommended.

I will be buying the disc when its £15 or below. For now, iTunes DV would suffice and it's looking freaking good. I expect DV to bring more HDR oomph especially when graded at higher nits.

As I’ve not preordered yet, would you say I may as well wait till the UK release next Monday and the reviews come in to decide whether to go for the US or the UK release?
I might be wrong but hasn't the US release also got a newly remastered bluray included in the package?

I might be wrong but hasn't the US release also got a newly remastered bluray included in the package?

Yes it does but if you look at the remastered BD pics, it looks like blanket HDR to SDR pass. Highlights looks too overblown on the remastered BD caps when compared to the old BD caps.

If it was me, I would just sell the remastered BD for cheap and stick with the 4K disc.

Maybe @Geoff_D can clarify.

Last edited:
111.jpg

UPC: 9398563601071

Due out in Australia next month too -no standard Blu-ray by the look of it- https://www.sanity.com.au/products/2632010/Speed

Not actually seen this film for some reason although I did buy the old UK DVD Steelbook when I seen it in a charity shop.

I'll take a look on UHD when it's cheap.

Die Hard on a bus makes me think of the Honest Trailer for Die Hard.

I don’t like honest trailers because they take the piss out of movies I like.

Can confirm the Blu-ray packaged with the UK release is indeed the old disc, despite the label on the disc itself having a 2021 date and the new '20th Century Studios' logo on it.

So, should I go with ordering the UK 4K release or the US or doesn’t it matter which?

I was going to order Speed and Last Action Hero via Amazon UK (to qualify for free delivery) and Chernobyl via WOWHD, but if I order Speed from WOWHD that means paying for delivery for Last Action Hero via Amazon UK

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom