speech input

godsakes

I just got a orange san francisco, and i'm blown away by the google voice search feature

does anyone know if it possible to get an app which allows for using this feature on regular keyboard inputs - say a keyboard app with a speech-2-text button?

def

Swype does it. The latest Swype has a Google Voice button - you press, speak, and it converts speech to text in any field that shows a keyboard when you press on it.

Good luck getting hold of Swype though - they've done some stupid OEM deal that means only we beta testers can get new versions as far as I know.

bubs999

The best speech application I've used is called VLingo and its free on the Market place.

JMWS

The best speech application I've used is called VLingo and its free on the Market place.

Hmmm. yes, Vlingo is very good at reading out texts, but I can never get it to pick up what I'm saying in the car. That said, I've tried several of these apps and this one is the one to use if the car you are in is stationary or you are in a quiet location!:) I've exchanged some hilarious texts with people when trying to use the voice prompts !!:blush:

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom