Spectre, With the DTS questions,is this the start of more industry experts joining us

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by Phil Hinton, Feb 24, 2001.

1. Phil Hinton

Phil Hinton
    Editor Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8,347
    It is excellent that we have been given the opertunity to ask DTS some questions.Is this the start of similar threads with experts or a one off. I would love to have more chances to quiz the companies who produce products and hardware.I think it should be the way the forums go.
    I would love to see more of this type of thing, and i guess the company most people would love to asl questions to would be Entertainment in video.

2. bradavon

bradavon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Here, Here. Why do Entertainment in Video release such rubbish DVD's?. It is a Crime!

I hate the covers they give us with splatted adverts all over them. I always try and buy the Region 1 version if possible when EIV are invlolved.

Get your act together EIV.

3. Ars longa, vita brevis

Ars longa, vita brevis

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    pretty cool.

tony blair: why is it easier to buy class A drugs in the Uk than it is to buy region 1 DVD's

Inland revenue: why are folk buying Us dvd's being rumbled for tax evasion whilst arms flow through without problem.

george lucas...i'll let someone else go for that one its becoming somewhat tiresome.

------------------
    Assumption is the mother of all errors

member formerly known as hank hill, then Jesus H
    but got bored so it became some latin sh*t

4. Stuart Wright

Stuart Wright
    AVForums Founder Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10,566
    I hope so. I'll be asking for suggestions on who to ask next in a new thread.
    However, approach organisations from a negative viewpoint and you're unlikely to get much in the way of cooperation.
    I think we'll get further if the questions are positive in tone. This is not to say we should skirt the difficult issues, but instead be a little bit clever or even devious in the way they are worded.
    For example, you might decide to take a pop at the quality of region 2 DVDs against other regions. But in order to get the most of the interviewees, you'd have to understand that they usually have a fraction of the budget, they're obliged to include Hebrew subtitles, they have to pay the BBFC for a certificate and they simply don't always have the lisence to use the same extras which appear on the region 1 version.
    Better to try and understand the circumstances surrounding the issues you are asking about. Rather than just ask why R2 titles are ****e compared to the R1 equivalents.