1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Special Pr Ice Hitachi Plasma

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by candg, Sep 7, 2003.

1. candg

candg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    For some time I have been preparing to buy a plasma screen. I have had a CRT projector for some 5 years but now looking to add a Plasma in a second room.

I had settled on the Panasonic TH42PW5 due to it,s excellent reviews plus the fact that I have just installed one for a friend (brilliant screen). I now notice that Richer sounds are offering the Hitachi PMA400E screen for £ 2499.95. Has anyone any opinions on the best of these screens / comparisons. Also I notice the Hitachi has no tuner box..do I really need this as I will be using it with a Sky +, Sony DVD (Component out) and hopefully a PC.
    What sort of results can I expect from a PC input ? I will mainly be using the PC for Homeseer control, to surf the net, and Multiroom WiFi network audio. Any feedback would be very welcome.

Graham Yeates

2. andya

andya

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    your best to have a demo of any screen you buy but ive got the 400 hitachi and the quility on the pc is excellent better than the panasonics which are lower resolution.to prove my point connect a laptop to both a hitachi and any other panel including a pioneer and i guarantee you will prever the hitachi.places to try this that i know of are lektropacks.nexnix,and if you have a laptop or can borrow one richer sounds.make sure its running at 60hz refresh rate and i have mine at 1024 768 great quility