Special features discs ( Dunkirk )

BigChopper

Established Member
Reaction score
Does anybody watch the extra discs? y’know the extra’s discs, i don’t usually.... like ever until now, i watched the special features disc of Dunkirk because i always wanted to know “ how they did that” because to me it all seemed so real when i watched it without much cgi, which to me is really boring the tits off me with film makers these days (cgi i mean ). Christopher Nolan must be one, if not THEE best film directors in our time, it lets you see how much effort and the huge mindset and vision he has, and also where the money goes in making films like this, just about ALL the sets were real life, actors were in the water, ships were real, planes were real, location was accurate, and the whole film was filmed mostly with Imax camera’s which weigh 70lbs, i really admire the effort that goes into making movies.
All we do is buy it and stick it in a machine to watch it after these guys spending years of thier lives making the thing, i tip my hat

Nice. Can I just say as well the documentary on the 4th Rambo film (Burma) also is exceptional (don’t know if u like the film) . In depth also that shows a great insight

Nice. Can I just say as well the documentary on the 4th Rambo film (Burma) also is exceptional (don’t know if u like the film) . In depth also that shows a great insight
I’ve not seen it, i’ve never been much of a Rambo fan but i might give it a go now

All the extras on the Lord Of The Rings Extended Trilogy, are utterly fantastic, its a great watch. Time consuming, but worth it.

I’ll be sure to watch them when the 4k comes later this year 👍🏻
There is no extras on the 4K releases of Lord of the Rings Trilogy or the 4K Hobbit Trilogy release that is been released in November 2020 if you not already aware
Those 4K releases is just the films Extended & Theatrical Cuts on 4K UHD Discs only

You will need to have previous Blu-ray releases to watch extras
The previous extras are on DVD/Blu-ray Theatrical releases and more extensive extras on Blu-ray releases of the Extended Box Sets and Middle Earth Box Sets.

If you don't have previous Blu-ray releases that has the extras
There will be later in Summer 2021 a 4K+Blu-ray Middle Earth Box set - These will have the Extended & Theatrical cuts of both trilogy films and will have previous Blu-ray extras and new extras
This will be expensive box set but will be a good release if you don't have previous releases

Then later again in Fall 2021 to celberate the 20th Anniversary there will be new separate 4K UHD and Blu-ray releases of The Lord of the Rings with extras

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom