Special Edition of BlackHawk Down

dazgwinn

Established Member
Reaction score
Any one got any info when the R1 Special edition is coming out?Looked at DigitalBits with no joy,Cheers Daz.

yep got that one but this new one i've heard will be DTS and with loads of extras

Any idea what sort of extras? I don't know about DTS, but the DD soundtrack was outstanding, I thought, and it was difficult to imagine a better sounding one?

Seem to remember something being said by the guy producing the disc that DTS was being taken off,as they had no room after adding another commentary or some such thing,seems strange as it`s supposed to be a 3 disc affair :rolleyes:

Had the DTS version months [R2] got it from dvdoo.dk
Soundtrack defines why it won award for sound, unlike DD version.:D

I now feel puny, inadequate and small due to being perfectly happy with the DD version.

I feel I must throw the worthless R2 version away, as no charity shop would touch it after reading Martian1's post. Well done, sir. DTS is always superior to DD, as any fule knos.

Originally posted by KRRK
I feel I must throw the worthless R2 version away
Well b4 you do that u might wanna take a look at this beauty:french 3DVDset
It from france has english soundtrack and english, french arabic subs has perfect docus (all in english with optional french, english, spanish and italian subs)
It also has a lovely packaging. The first 2 discs are identical with the UKR2 and the 3rd disc contains hitorical documentaries about somalia.
AFAIK the US SE will be identical to the french 3DVDset.
First buy this set and then buy the Superbit with DTS(as said b4 the SE won't have DTS)
then u have the french for extras and the US for picture and sound
HTH

KRRK , Yes and fules jump in! I hired the r2 version thought sound lacking shopped around and found the superior version. Try it... If i had bought the r2 [UK] i would try and sell it, in this case it really is worth exchanging... Thanks for the cheesy sarcasm much appreciated.:D

Originally posted by KRRK
Any idea what sort of extras?

A beginning & end maybe, or even some attempt at a plot :D

Good DD5.1 soundtrack - shame this 2 hour "film" is just one loooonnnnnggggggg setpiece/firefight.

Not worthy of repeated viewing IMHO - DTS or not :devil:

Originally posted by James45
one of my mates is in the TA and he watches BHD twice a week!!

He'll grow up to be like Michael from I'm Alan Partridge, I bet ;)

Originally posted by James45
I really wouldn't be surprised... his birthday present this year was a day in a chieftain tank.

Does he enter pubs and slide across to the bar with his back to the wall? :D

People like that worry me, it's like - thankfully we are not at war, yet you appear to want to be in one. How does that work ?!? :)

Sounds like he should be in the Army proper. Not messing about in the TA :D

I had a mate like that when I was in school. (Every school must have one?). He did join the army proper and, on his first week, fell through a roof and broke both his legs. Career over, as they did not heal properly.

one of my mate's at school once asked me what he should do career wise, so jokingly I told him to join the Marines although he liked this idea, trained solid for a year and got in with no problems.:eek:

What have you all got agaisnt those who joined the TA??

Adrian

nothing but you must admit they come in for a bit of stick everywhere and I take it with a name like sapper you like blowing up bridges and stuff yourself!:D
I'm off to see lord of the rings with a bunch of them tonight so I've got nothing against them!:D

Oh and sorry for the thread hijack

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom