Special discount on Stewart grayhawk screens !

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Marky UK, Feb 4, 2001.

1. Marky UK

Marky UK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello,

Not really wanting to be linking to another forum, but spotted this:
    http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/Forum9/HTML/000725.html

Thought I should share it [​IMG]

The New Greyhawk screen with a 'special discount' for members.

May be worth mailing for a price.

Waiting for my Quote [​IMG]

Mark.

(No connection with AV Science other than forum member)

2. Gordon @ Convergent AV

Gordon @ Convergent AV
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,049
    Marky,

What are you planning on using with your Greyhawk and what style/size of screen are you after?

Nosey Parker that I am.

Gordon

------------------
    StereoStereo
    Intelligent Solutions for Intelligent Homes !

3. The Spaniard

The Spaniard

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +80
    Hi Marky, Have you had any news on the quote for the grayhawk screen yet? Please let everyone know the detail as soon as!

4. Marky UK

Marky UK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello Gordon,

I own a Davis Cinema one at the moment, used with HTPC and a 7 feet wide 4:3 'cheap' manual screen.

I have now moved the projector to the back of the lounge, and need a larger screen.

I was originally going to buy a Stewart with the Studiotek 1.3 gain, probably a Luxus model A, 4:3 8x6 Feet. The Grayhawk could be good with DLP/LCD, but not sure.

The offer at Avscience sounds interesting, but I think I may wait a while before buying, as the Panamorph may be good, and I would want a widescreen format, maybe 16:9 for this.

Not sure if I need a 'Model A' or 'SR-1' Stewart? It will be mounted directly to the ceiling, with the housing visible?

I will sometime upgrade the Davis to something higher res and brighter, maybe a JVC Dila or a seleco 250 if I can afford it.

Thanks,

Mark

5. Marky UK

Marky UK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello Spaniard,

I asked AVScience for a quote for a Stewart Luxus 'Model A' Grayhawk ElectriScreen with 220v motor for UK, size is 4:3 8x6 feet.

Here is the e-mail I received:

Mark,
    Here is the pricing you were looking for. It includes a 10% off sale we are offering during February for forum members. Thanks, Jason.

Stewart Luxus Model A Electriscreen 96"x72" Grayhawk w/220v switch: $2295.00 plus shipping

Stewart IRR IR sensor/remote: $360.00 plus shipping

Shipping is around $200 to UK as far as I know.

So that is about $2495 US, or about £1720 GBP + import duty and Vat. Not sure how many % import duty will be?
    But if you allow 20% for VAT and duty you get around £2064 GBP, still much cheaper than here.

That price is cheaper than our friend Gordon can buy a Stewart screen from the Official UK distributor, as far as I know, which is hardly fair for UK dealers is it.

The IR remote is about £248 + Vat and duty.

Hope that helps someone.

Mark.

6. Couch Potato

Couch Potato

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    For reference I bought a Stewart Studiotec 130 with a 12v trigger from AV Science in October, Mark is right with most of the figures, import duty was actually 3.5%.

The service was excellent, delivered in about 14 days as opposed to 6 weeks leadtime in the UK, the only issue is if there's something wrong, I had a slight problem with the 12v trigger which is still not 100%. Returning it under warranty isn't really practical (you want to see the packaging it comes in!!)

I also had to buy a transformer (Maplins).

If you are considering a manual screen you should have no problem and save a packet... just be cautious and double check everything before commiting to an electric one.

If anyone wants any more info email me.
    rgds
    Steve