1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Spec up to 7205

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Les E, Oct 24, 2005.

1. Les E

Les E

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    I have been spoilt!! ;)

I have demoed the Infocus Screenplay 7205 and it totally blew me away. The definition, colour and blacks were superb and I am judging lesser priced models by that bench mark.

However, it is going to take me a while to get some hard cash for the price of the 7205 (cheapest I have seen is 2,229.95).

So I am wondering if anyone else has any opinions on cheaper models which you think may come to the spec of the 7205? I have read mixed reviews for the BenQ series of projectors...some not at all flattering...but this seems to be reasonably near to the same spec.

I am probably opening up a flood gate here but if anyone can recommend a DLP within £1,600 then it would ease my back pocket quite considerable.

Then again, I could just wait 'till I save enough dosh for the 7205...by which time it may of reduced in price!! :devil:

2. PJTX100

PJTX100

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +562
    If you want HD DLP for that budget then the only option from new is the Benq 7700 I think...PJ

3. wyrdness

wyrdness

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    You might want to wait a few days (or weeks) until review of the new Mitsubishi HC3000 start to appear. It might look like a cheap fan heater, but the spec is impressive and it will probably be reasonably priced, though there's no indication yet of what the UK price will be.