Spec Ops: The Line £17.39 from Play Asia

Lurking Lawyer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Buy Spec Ops: The Line (Xbox360) - Play-Asia.com

Quite a bit cheaper than the best prices available at the moment.

NOTE: While the game is region-free and will play without issue on a UK Xbox, I can't guarantee it will be the same product as the European version and so it may not be recognised if you try to sell it on at Game or Gamestation in due course.

I've bought from Play Asia in the past and some games are identical to the European version, some are region free but are coded as the Asian version and so not taken by UK retailers.

I used to buy games from them all the time as they were released around the same time as the UK but £15/20 cheaper but they started to get caught by customs so I stopped.

As this is over the £15 customs limit you will be at risk of charges.

It's now down to £14.11!

I used to buy games from Play-Asia (Saints Row, G.R.A.W.) but they no longer work even though they're region free? I assumed there was an update released stopping the region free discs working?

It's now down to £14.11!

I used to buy games from Play-Asia (Saints Row, G.R.A.W.) but they no longer work even though they're region free? I assumed there was an update released stopping the region free discs working?

What is the message you get?

Beg your pardon they do work! They never worked on my old Elite console, not tried them since I got this new Gears of War 3 console!

I used to buy loads of stuff from there, but a while back they blocked me from buying any games saying I was in the UK so they can't ship.

Did anyone else have this problem?

I ordered a copy of Spec Ops over the weekend and got an e-mail today to say it had shipped, so seemingly no problem here.

I ordered a copy of Spec Ops over the weekend and got an e-mail today to say it had shipped, so seemingly no problem here.

Ahh, I remember now after a bit of Googling. It was PS3 gams that were blocked a while back, as Sony was cracking down on places selling imports.

You might have been thinking of Lik Sang.

Sony took umbrage at them selling grey imports and mod chips etc into the EU, won in court and so effectively killed Lik Sang's business model. It closed shortly afterwards.

It was definately play-asia. Like I say I used to buy loads from there, but stopped once they blocked shipping to UK (for PS3 stuff anyway). I haven't been back since, but it's nice to know it is now possible again.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom