::Spec me up on every cable I will need for new setup::

Tob3z

Standard Member
Hey,

Im really new when it comes to video and audio so be gentle with me. :thumbsup:
I haven't bought these yet but this is what my setup will consist of:
Denon 2105
Epos ELS 3 5.1 speakers
And after I get £300 more I will get the panasonic TX32PD50C or the panasonic TX32DTX40C1.
At the moment I have a LG 20" buldge with one scart input... and a coaxial in. err yey...
So this is a big upgrade for me and £2000 going out of my bank. But then I forgot... Cables.
I am going to need everything rigged up. And when the amp has video inputs and has a on screen menu its one more thing to get my confussed.
So this is what I think I need, feel free to add, tell me I suck etc:
Speaker cables
A 3rd party xbox cable for xbox so that I can have opticle
and other stuff... I really do suck at this.

I dont want to be spending £50 for a scart cable etc so please keep that im mind.
Brand names and places to get the cables from would also be a great help.
Thanks so much for your time in reading this.
Tob3z

Tob3z

Standard Member
bump because I am desperate

adebov

Standard Member
Try your local Richer Sounds store (or their on-line shop) for speaker cables.
With your amp & speakers you should be spending at least a couple of quid a metre on speaker cable. Go for bi-wire (4 cores per cable) if your speakers have bi-wireable (if that's a word) terminals - cable will cost you double, but it's well worth it (especially if you listen to music, too).
Go for around £15+ on good SCART cables (with gold plated pins).
Don't forget your other interconnects (S-video, component, audio, digital, etc.) between your source & amp.
I have the Denon AVC-A1 amp, and use a bi-wire cable costing around £8 a metre. With your amp & speakers, go for something like Richer's Gale XL315.

Tob3z

Standard Member
oh at last I thought no one would reply.
Thank you. Gives me something to go on.
Whats a interconnect btw. Im I right in saying its the cable from the source (like you said) to amp. So for instance from a xbox I would have to buy a 3rd party cable and the best way to connect it would be via opticle? (spelt it wrong havent I)

adebov

Standard Member
You're correct on your assumption about interconnects.

Try somewhere like http://xbox.gameseek.co.uk or http://www.whitedog.co.uk for an X-box cable. Go for an s-video equipped cable, it'll give you a better picture.

You can't use an optical cable with an X-box - It doesn't have an optical output, just the multi-pin AV connector.

If you have a seperate DVD player (rather than using your X-box), go for a good s-video or "component" cable (assuming you're routing the video through your amp, and it can switch these signals) as well as a good audio cable (digital co-ax or optical if both player and amp support them).

Tob3z

Standard Member
thanks.... and also you can have optical for xbox... its what I am using now. My system came with a xbox adapter.

Tob3z

Standard Member
oh and do the cables need any special endy bits on them. lol connections

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom