Spec me speaker cable

Lee33

About to embark on my first "proper" home cinema setup, I've decided on everything except the speaker cable, I'd like something that is decent but won't break the bank, any suggestions?

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
Our general purpose 'go to' loudspeaker cable on all installs is the VanDamme Blue Series 2x2.5mm cable.

The length of cable, amplification you are using and where you are installing the cable are usually the critical factors and as above for most systems in a typical UK property a 2x2.5mm cable with decent copper is all you require.

Joe

PS Keep in mind most systems have an 'Active' Sub which requires 1 x Power Cable + 1 x Screened RCA to RCA signal cable rather than a Loudspeaker cable.

Lee33

Our general purpose 'go to' loudspeaker cable on all installs is the VanDamme Blue Series 2x2.5mm cable.

The length of cable, amplification you are using and where you are installing the cable are usually the critical factors and as above for most systems in a typical UK property a 2x2.5mm cable with decent copper is all you require.

Joe

PS Keep in mind most systems have an 'Active' Sub which requires 1 x Power Cable + 1 x Screened RCA to RCA signal cable rather than a Loudspeaker cable.
Thanks for the recommendation I'll have a look now

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: LG SN7CY Soundbar Review, Hisense 55U7Q, LG Nano90, Best of the Month, B+W Sigourney Weaver
Top Bottom