Spec me sound card and maybe headphone please

Discussion in 'Computer Components' started by willykatie, Feb 3, 2009.

1. willykatie

willykatie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +450
    Thinking about getting soundcard and headphone. My budget £150, but i know what headphone i would like, it's HD555 (if i can find one :() as can't afford HD595 yet.

I will be using sound card and headphones for gaming and movies mainly also music sometimes.

At the moment i have Marantz amp and also 5.1 JBL home cinema speakers for my home theater and PS3 and sounds really good. I'm just wondering will these sound cards and HD555 will give similar sound like my home cinema system with surrounds, centre, etc?

What's the difference between X-Fi Xtreme Gamer 7.1 Sound Card, X-Fi Xtreme Music UAA Vista-Certified 7.1 Sound Card and X-Fi Titanium 7.1 Sound Card? Which one better, Xonar D1 or DX? Which one better for me?

Also if i change mobo to Asus Maximus II Formula or Asus Rampage Formula which both comes with SupremeFX sound card, will it be the same upgrade to sound card itself? I mean is SupremeFX sound card as good as sound card i mentioned above?

Sorry with all the questions as i'm quite picky when it comes to aound :D

Thanks for your help

2. willykatie

willykatie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +450
    I'm totally confused now, down to Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium - Fatal1ty Professional or Asus Xonar D2X or Asus Xonar DX.

For the headphone it's between DR150 and HD 555 now, not sure which one. I know the sound from HD 555 as i had Senheisser before and at the moment using cheap CX300 for my Ipod.

Which one gives best for my need (movies my priority, gaming and music next)

Thanks