• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Spec me a good pvr/dvr combi please

Lashed1984

Standard Member
Hey guys, I'm not very knowledgeable with such products. My Mum is looking to buy a Freeview+ pvr/dvr combi. Ideally she wants to be able to record tv to a hard drive, and from there copy to a dvd if she wants to keep it. Hard Drive 160GB or higher... looking to spend £100-200.

direct recording to dvd isn't essential, but a decent quality tuner is, as is the ability to record and watch at the same time.

Last edited:

petrev

Hey guys, I'm not very knowledgeable with such products. My Mum is looking to buy a Freeview+ pvr/dvr combi. Ideally she wants to be able to record tv to a hard drive, and from there copy to a dvd if she wants to keep it. Hard Drive 160GB or higher... looking to spend £100-200.

direct recording to dvd isn't essential, but a decent quality tuner is, as is the ability to record and watch at the same time.

Panasonic @ £212
Panasonic DMR-EX773EBK 160GB HDD DVD Recorder with: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

:smashin:

Other makes are cheaper but I find the Panasonics are the most reliable and simple to use.

Pete

Gavtech

Administrator
I am moving this to the DVD recorder section, given that you are describing a DVDR

Any recorder with a DVD burner in it is referred to as a DVDR... as distinct from a PVR and DVR which are different categories performing different functions.

I second petrev's suggestion.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom