Spec me a budget camcorder

piros

Hi all, i'm in the market to buy a camcorder, I have 0 knowledge on this subject! It will be used to film a few family moments etc, the usual stuff. I was hoping to spend about £150 or maybe even less, but having a quick read here, makes it seem like a bad idea?
Has anyone got any recommendations, would like a good microphone, decent quality and FPS, I could spend more if I needed to (most likely will have to :p :)

redsox_mark

Distinguished Member
Canon MD101 is decent and available for £175.
The inbuilt mic is nothing special (they generally aren't), but you can use an external mic with this model.

piros

Thanks for reply, will check that model out then, sounds a reasonable price too, was expecting to have to fork out about £300 for anything half decent :thumbsup:

I suppose I could check out the internal mic first and see if it will be enough for me, otherwise, external mic sounds good :)

Just to add, can you hook this camcorder up to the pc & is it easy to use? Sorry if it's a silly question :p

redsox_mark

Distinguished Member
The camcorder itself is easy to use.

It's a miniDV camcorder, so as with all miniDV cams copying the video to a PC is easy but requires a Firewire connection and use of editing software (such as Windows Movie Maker, or one of several commercial packages).

The latest video from AVForums

Movies Podcast: Star Trek in 4K. Is the new boxset worth it?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom