speakers

wot you want is speakers with optical output. this way you can plug them into your component cable you got with your 360(premiums). this way you can benifit from the sound from your TV and your speakers. These are digital ones and are roughly £80 for a good set.

If you get cheaper stereo ones then you would have to plug them into your headphone socket, eliminating your TVs sound.

its up to you but i am going to buy digital ones with optical output soon.

ok, so i am looking for dolby digital sound, and that would mean a optical output

yes

i wont have enough room for a 5.1, can you reccomend me a 2.1, i have been searching for ages

michaelT1888 said:
wot you want is speakers with optical output. this way you can plug them into your component cable you got with your 360(premiums). this way you can benifit from the sound from your TV and your speakers. These are digital ones and are roughly £80 for a good set.

If you get cheaper stereo ones then you would have to plug them into your headphone socket, eliminating your TVs sound.

its up to you but i am going to buy digital ones with optical output soon.

I think you mean an optical input. Since the 360 has no input for sound, only output via optical or RCA (line level phono).

You need some type of speaker package that has an optical input, then run an optical cable from the back of the 360's component or VGA plug into the optical input on the speakers amplifier. You WILL need to make sure that the speaker package has built in decoding and amplification for dolby digital/DTS beforehand.

Having surrond sound 5.1 and also tv speakers on sux as the optical device sends the signal quicker and your left with hearing a weird like echo where the surrond sound happenes then 1sec later the same on the tv.

Kinda like watching eastenders on sky digital while someone else is watching it on terristal and hearing the same convo twice.

ok, i can have 5.1 only if they are wireless, under £50( i'm only 12) and i not botherd about the optical input stuff, i only want some speakers that will work with my 360.i just want something better than my crappy tv speakers

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
Sting King said:
Ive read some great reviews on the Z5500's, wot are they like at low volume though? I cant have the speakers on too loud at night:smashin:

I was concerned about the same thing but luckily they are great at any volume. there's even a night time mode!

the sub and speakers can all be turned down individually.

one thing though....the subwoofer is *massive* I'm talking stupidly massive. bigger than it looks on the photo's.

Also there's only 1 optical and 1 coax input + connection to 5.1 PC soundcard

great price off amazon too!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom