Question Speakers

Thunderboy

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi guys I have wharfedale zarus 5000 series with a yamaha rxv 730 but wanting to get mission m33i speakers.
So is it worth upgrading to those from wharfedale cheers .

The Wharfedale speakers are a lot of speaker for the money but do lack some finesse I believe. However, I do not think the Missions really represent a significant improvement over them. Try to have a listen to the Misssions to see what you think but I suspect any improvements will be marginal and you may be better spending a bit more on a speaker that is a significant jump in quality.

Agree with PSM1 about the Missions. I've seen reviewers refer to the Xarus 5000 (I can't find a 'Zarus 5000'?!?) as 'a club in your living room'. Nothing wrong with that if that's the type of sound you're after. And if that is the sound you want then a more refined hifi speaker is unlikely to have that sound.

Whether the Missions are an improvement depends on what you are trying to improve. For weight and volume, the Zarus 5000 are hard to beat, but I suspect they are not a refined and detailed as the Missions. But, I also suspect when you gain the refinement, you lose some of the weight and volume.

So, you have to be clear on what it is you want, and what it is you hope to gain.

Steve/bluewizard

Whether the Missions are an improvement depends on what you are trying to improve. For weight and volume, the Zarus 5000 are hard to beat, but I suspect they are not a refined and detailed as the Missions. But, I also suspect when you gain the refinement, you lose some of the weight and volume.

So, you have to be clear on what it is you want, and what it is you hope to gain.

Steve/bluewizard
Yes I compared the my zarus 5000 speakers beside the missions and my zarus blew them away . I guess my zarus was up there in there day and my problem I guess wanting something new . So I decided if upgrade I wouldn't mind the klipsch speakers they were better sounding any ideas guys which model to go for cause I looked at the synergy fl-20s .

Agree with PSM1 about the Missions. I've seen reviewers refer to the Xarus 5000 (I can't find a 'Zarus 5000'?!?) as 'a club in your living room'. Nothing wrong with that if that's the type of sound you're after. And if that is the sound you want then a more refined hifi speaker is unlikely to have that sound.
I have decided to look at klipsch synergy f-20s as they produced even better sound quality .

Let us know how you get on!

Welcome to AVForums!

Yes I compared the my zarus 5000 speakers beside the missions and my zarus blew them away .

Seems like you managed to listen to the Missions - can you have a listen to the Klipsch speakers before buying too? With the best will in the world, no-one can tell you whether you'll like the Klipsch speakers or not and, reading between the lines, I suspect the type of sound you want may not be to everyone's taste.

Seems like you managed to listen to the Missions - can you have a listen to the Klipsch speakers before buying too? With the best will in the world, no-one can tell you whether you'll like the Klipsch speakers or not and, reading between the lines, I suspect the type of sound you want may not be to everyone's taste.
Yes had listen to the klipsch a lot nicer sound

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom