Speakers

@ndr3w

Established Member
Reaction score
Just recently purchased an IMac. Although I like the idea of internal speakers for tidiness, they do not produce the best sound. I know this is a bit back to front but I just ordered a pair of JBL Duet III. Anyone have these? If so what are they like?

Reagrds

There were a few threads on the subject of speakers for the Mac - such as this one.

EDIT: perhaps you're the first with the JBL?

ive had the creature II speakers for a few years now and i think they sound great. i thought i was going to have to get rid of them recently because i wanted to get some wireless speakers which was going to cost me a few hundred quid, but then someone said to me why don't you just buy an airport express as it will make virtually any speakers wireless (and a printer as well), so thats what i am going to do tomorrow. so i am really happy as i only have to spend £79 on the airport express and i can keep my creature speakers, which i am really glad as i really like the sound of them, they sound better than my £650 denon CD player system.

i dont know how the creature II and III compare sound wise but i definitely like the look and build quality of the creature II better. but at £49 for the creature III's you cant go wrong as they seem to get good reports.

The DAC in the airport express really isnt up to much so if your speakers don't accept an optical input id be cautious of using an airport express

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom