Speakers

markalice

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi,first time post,just got pan 46g20b,first plasma really pleased with it but I want to beef the sound up a bit I will eventually get surround sound,but I was just wondering for the time being could I hook my hi fi equipment up to it and how I have an arcam alpha 6 plus and b&w cdm2's,would there be any use in doing it,and what leads would I need,sorry to be mithering on my first post,:smashin:

Hi,first time post,just got pan 46g20b,first plasma really pleased with it but I want to beef the sound up a bit I will eventually get surround sound,but I was just wondering for the time being could I hook my hi fi equipment up to it and how I have an arcam alpha 6 plus and b&w cdm2's,would there be any use in doing it,and what leads would I need,sorry to be mithering on my first post,:smashin:

Sadly Panasonic's website has no information, that I can trace, about that particular model of TV.

What you need are a pair of audio line outputs from the TV to go into an auxiliary input on the Arcam. You might use an input labelled "auxiliary" or "tuner" or even a tape input.

You'll need an audio interconnect (paired for left and right) of sufficient length to reach from the TV to the amplifier. Keep the connections away from any mains cables.

You'll have to search the TV's manual for the location of any analogue outputs. Should it lack these, it may well have a digital output, but to use that you'd need a DAC.

Thanks for the reply,when you say keep connections away from the mains,do you mean don't bundle them together?,thanks again

Thanks again,got it working just with one lead from aux to tv,cd's don't sound too bad either,might be a daft question,but why all the inputs on the back of the blu ray player if it works with just the one inter connect is it for better audio and picture?,thanks for your time.

Thanks again,got it working just with one lead from aux to tv,cd's don't sound too bad either,might be a daft question,but why all the inputs on the back of the blu ray player if it works with just the one inter connect is it for better audio and picture?,thanks for your time.

Either the TV is outputting mono, or you're only getting the left or right channel. Are there two plugs at each end of the lead?

Blue ray players can work with a single cable i.e HDMI for audio and video. But if you mean audio, then a blue ray player with a full set of analogue outputs will have a total of 5 + 2 audio output sockets (even more if it outputs 7.1), plus at least one "ordinary" digital audio output. These extra audio outputs allow a blue ray player to work with, for example, older AV amplifiers that don't have HDMI capabilities. There may also be component video outputs to add to the number of output sockets.

The best video output is HDMI. It is also likely to be the best audio output.

Hi,yes it has two going in the telly and two in my amp,I will probably get surround sound eventually,it sounds better than without though,even my music sounds good through the blu ray,really pleased with the telly though great picture,thanks for all your info and time,Bri

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom