Speakers........

gilford

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm in the middle of having a home office come "den" fitted ;)

I've just splashed out on a new 27" iMac and want some speakers to compliment it.

I've had a set of JBL creatures and they were good, but being White will not go now and I really want them to look good as well as sound good.

Any ideas?

Silver Creatures?

I use a Cyrus iPod sub and speakers. Better than any speaker computer speaker set I've tried.

My desk is a mess at the moment, I'm using a 30" screen and they come up halfway...

Just read up about these and a lot of people say the bass is awful? Is this the case?

I understand they may be good for the money, but I would rather pay more for quality :)

Just read up about these and a lot of people say the bass is awful? Is this the case?

I understand they may be good for the money, but I would rather pay more for quality :)

That's the reason why I got them :rotfl:The bass is a lot more natural than the cheap woofers in 2.1 systems in my opinion. It also doesn't bottom out, lots of power...When I listened to the Bose, I thought they were very very light...But yes if you are the kind of person who likes their bass like in a standard car, and wacks up the bass setting as well, then these are not for you..They are much more subtle, original, and the drivers do need running in...But the cones are also nice metal ones and not those paper based ones in many other systems...

But yes the Bose 5 will probably have the edge on them, my apologies I didn't look them up, I thought you were looking at the Bose versions they do at the Apple Store which are rubbish and other computer style speaker...Did not appreciate you were looking at proper hifi...

If you are in that kind of a leaque for desktop speakers, I would prefer the Acoustic Energy ones to a Bose sound...Like the Aego M...Although cheaper, I can almost guarantee they will sound better...Or if I could justify replacing my speakers I would go for the Bower & Wilkins MM1's...Absolutely stunning...Will look great next to your new iMac..

Picture provided Sound

Any chance of a pic of your set up? Just to gauge size!

They are going to be big - I bought the T20's and they were huge!

Also the sound was crap (no bass) so they went back immediately… ;)

I'd agree that most 2.1 systems have a weedy sub.

They are going to be big - I bought the T20's and they were huge!

Also the sound was crap (no bass) so they went back immediatelyÂ… ;)

I'd agree that most 2.1 systems have a weedy sub.

Second generation is good of the T20's, I've got those for mobile presentations and drive them loud...You can feel the bass....

Were yours the second generation?

Were yours the second generation?

I believe so, but may be wrong. The size was a bit too big also, otherwise I like Creative stuff.

Apologies I replied without noticing you had responded :)

I believe so, but may be wrong. The size was a bit too big also, otherwise I like Creative stuff.

Apologies I replied without noticing you had responded :)

:confused:Why apologise to post bud? It is very useful, I was just wondering as it took me a while to ensure it was second generation as the stock was mixed...

I better take a picture tomorrow of the T40's as they aren't big for the 30" screen :D

But I think the OP is after some serious hifi stuff....Think the Aego M and B&W's will be good options, unless he likes the Bose sound...

Well if high end is desired then AudioEngine should be included from the reports I've read?

They better sound good as they don't look good for on a desk, but that is ofcourse subjective...

Cheers for the info lads :)

I've bought the Companions earlier, with a 30 day trial it's a no brainer ;)

I'm an avid Bose fan, so it wasn't a hard decision, and as most of my music library is dance, bass is essential.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom