Speakers won’t work with my vintage record player

JayCee

Distinguished Member
That should work.
RCA Phono cable from the Line out on your music centre to Aux in on the JVC and the JVC input set to Aux.
As to pairing by Bluetooth, you only pair once, once equipment has successfully paired it should just be a case of setting your music centre to output via Bluetooth then selecting it by setting the JVC to BT input.

Last edited:

STCFTHOTS

Novice Member
That should work.
RCA Phono cable from the Line out on your music centre to Aux in on the JVC and the JVC input set to Aux.
As to pairing by Bluetooth, you only pair once, once equipment has successfully paired it should just be a case of setting your music centre to output via Bluetooth then selecting it by setting the JVC to BT input.
I've just tried that but still no music coming through :/ the speakers buzz whenever I reinsert the aux in cable so they definitely work but no music plays, neither CD or vinyls. In terms of Bluetooth, it seems I can only play music on the music centre via Bluetooth e.g. from my phone but I can't actually do it vice verse I.e. emit music via BT from the music centre

JayCee

Distinguished Member
I Googled and read your Music centre's user manual.
Yes, the Bluetooth is an input only and intended for playback of music from a mobile phone etc.
So that leaves the Line out on your music centre as the only means of connecting to your powered speakers.
All I can suggest is try a different phono to phono cable, also to test the Aux input is working on the JVC powered speakers use the Phono RCA to 3.5mm stereo minijack cable plugged in to any device that has a headphone socket, (mobile phone etc).

STCFTHOTS

Novice Member
I Googled and read your Music centre's user manual.
Yes, the Bluetooth is an input only and intended for playback of music from a mobile phone etc.
So that leaves the Line out on your music centre as the only means of connecting to your powered speakers.
All I can suggest is try a different phono to phono cable, also to test the Aux input is working on the JVC powered speakers use the Phono RCA to 3.5mm stereo minijack cable plugged in to any device that has a headphone socket, (mobile phone etc).
Hi, I've tested the speakers by connecting my phone with a RCA to 3.5mm minijack cable - it all worked fine. Seems like the next logical step will be to get a new phono to phono RCA cable - although I'm slightly confused as this one should have worked because the reviews were really good..

Anyway, thank you for your help :)

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Sony A90J Thoughts, madVR Processor & Sonus faber Lumina II Reviews + Movie & TV roundup
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom