1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

speakers with Denon 3802

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by Fairzo, Dec 8, 2002.

1. Fairzo

Fairzo
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thinking of upgrading to Denon 3802 amp but haven't got a clue what speakers/sub to go for. Budget is far from infinite and 'domestic' reasons dictate a fairly discrete set-up. Any suggestions for speaker type and cost which will be worthy of the Denon?

2. planbeta

planbeta
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Have a look at the Kef Q range or maybe the B&W Series 3 range, also missions too

3. Doomlord_uk

Doomlord_uk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +252
    Gallo's Micro Nucleus 'ball' speakers should be fairly discrete and come in a range of finishes. They can be floor, desk or wall mounted, image like nothing else and don't sound bad. But you'd need a sub as they are satelite speakers. Gallo's MPS-150 seems to be well regarded here, also consider REL or Velodyne subs.

I'd also second the vote for B&Ws range. Also look at Wharfedale Pacific Evo series.

4. MuFu

MuFu

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    I am getting an almost-new Denon 3802 this week which I intend to sell immediately, however I will have a quick listen with my B&W 600 series + REL Q100E setup and let you know what I think. The B&W's are very neutral and since the Denon is (apparently) fairly uninspiring in 2-channel mode I don't expect too much.

It's by no means a bad combo though - the 602's are great! If you find the Denon is lacking somewhat when used for listening to music you can always add a decent integrated/power amp later on (NAD c350/c370 etc).

MuFu.