Speakers to partner Primare I30

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by SOUNDSTYLE, Jun 12, 2009.

1. SOUNDSTYLE

SOUNDSTYLE

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +57
    I have up to £2500 to spend on new speakers, but don't want to spend that much if I don't have to.

There are so many good quality speakers out there that I am getting a bit lost.

ATC
    B&W
    Dynaudio
    Sonus Faber Concerto Domus Loudspeakers
    Focal
    ProAc

I'm looking at the Cambridge Audio 840C cd player to partner the Primare I30, but will try and get a home demo first.

I will try the speakers I have at the moment aswell, Monitor Audio S6.
    They sound good with the system I have at the moment, but will most probably be wasted with my new system.

Can you give me an idea of what speakers to have a look at.

My listening room is not big @ 4 metres X 4 metres so want floorstanders that will work well in a smallish room.

I prefer floor standers but prehaps bookshelf sized speakers are better to go for.
    I want good low down bass though.

thanks

Last edited: Jun 12, 2009
  2. phil t

phil t

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +308
    They are all very different sounding speakers, to the point that what I like, you may hate.

Have you already bought your amp and cd player? What speakers did you use to audition the I30?

For me, at that price point, it would be a toss up between Focal & Sonus Faber.

Take your time auditioning and insist on a home demo.

:)

3. zeabre

zeabre
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Am running the I30 with the CD31...have matched them with the new Spendor SA1s which to my ears sound absolutely stunning. Yes they are standmounts, but the clarity at this level is incredible. Use to run them with the Quad 21Ls which are now downstairs. Worked very well but not the detail resolution of the Spendors. The SO does unfortunately not like the SA1s, so will be resting them in storage after the Amphion Prio 520s arrive. So yes, three options that would work very well with your I30...all very much under your 2.5k mark.

4. Coaltrain

Coaltrain
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    hi soundstyle

came across this post while searching for new speakers to go with my ca 840c and primare i30. i'm currently running epos m22s, and am eyeing the proac studio 140s.

i would be really interested to know which speakers you finally went with. any info would be highly appreciated.

cheers

5. dean999

dean999

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +129
    hi soundstyle

as you already have the monitor audio range why not try the gold or platinum.

i demoed both and went for the MA platinum.(both demoed with a primare cd21 & the A32 power amp).