Speakers to partner Pioneer VSX D2011

C

chrismoore

I have just received my Loewe Vitros and now looking to complet e my first home cinema set up. I have chosen the Pioneer amp because firstly people seem to rate their amps and secondly from what I have read it seems a lot easier to set up than most other amps. I have a budget for speakers and subwoofer of around £1250. I know I should go and audition speakers and amps but to be honest the staff at the AV stores will probably baffle me with science and I'll end walking out with stock that they want to move.
I listened to an all in one system from panasonic at the weekend and I thought that sounded pretty much ok:D
I'm not too bothered about the speakers being room friendly as my wife understands me.
The ones I have in mind are the KEF Q1's and Q9C but which sub, or the Kef eggs. Is there a better set up for my budget.
It's taken me ayear to get this far and the more I read the harder it is to choose.:confused:

Originally posted by chrismoore
I have chosen the Pioneer amp because firstly people seem to rate their amps and secondly from what I have read it seems a lot easier to set up than most other amps.

I had a few beers last night (as you do!) and I read a bit about these new auto-setup Pioneers and it got me thinking:

apparently these auto-setup routines are done in your living room at near-reference level and I was wondering how this might affect someone like Chrismoore using it on brand new speakers that hadn't been run in yet? Could some tweeter/cone damage result? Would Mission (for example) exchange them under warrenty? How could you tell if they were broken by you or in transit?

Chris, I am certainly not trying to put you off what looks like a great amp and I think auto-setup is a fantastic tool. I would just be concerned if I drove my brand new speakers at a high level without a few days running in at lower levels first.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom