1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Speakers to match with Tannoy R2s

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by colinstone, May 3, 2003.

1. colinstone

colinstone
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi,

Looking for centre, rear and sub woofer to add to my existing Tannoy R2s.

Room is quite small - 15ftx15ft, and rear speakers must be reasonably small to mount on wall. Prefer sub to have no more than 30x30x30cm and centre does not need to be shielded as it will sit under a projection screen.

Speakers powered by TEAC AG H 550 AV receiver, 55w per channel when driving the 5 speakers. Pre out for sub woofer.

Grateful for any suggestions - and what speaker cable to use - QED Silver Anni on R2s. Is flat cable any good for the rears?? - as I can then paint over it.

TVMIA.

2. JIT

JIT

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    I'm using a Tannoy Revolution RC with my R3's which is very good (available for £130 at www.petertyson.co.uk) but have also been recommended the MC, MXC or MXCM if you're looking for something less expensive. As for rears i'm using Tannoy 609's which were previously my fronts before going for the R3's, you could go for R1's or if they must be smaller the MR's (which i've seen going for around £50).

3. puddleduck

puddleduck

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +50
    I use an MXC - works well :)