Question Speakers to match Pioneer SA-7800 specification

Pioneertechvintage

Novice Member
Hi, I became the owner of Pioneer SA-7800 amplifier. Looking for the right type speakers and need help/guide on this. I have attached photo with amp specification for reference.
Many thanks in advance
Screenshot_20191009_204841_com.google.android.apps.docs.jpg

Orobas

Ok.. the pioneer sa-7800 interesting amp and will be a fun one to try and match..

i'll bullet point the main sound issues
  • low mid range emphasis
  • focuses on bass response
  • average upper mid to treble recessed by the above.
  • prone to caps popping sadly and need to be checked / overhauled if buying used
  • Puts a smile on your face if you love dance / bass tracks
now.. partnering.. avoid bass heavy speakers.. you want nice "airy"speakers
i'll bullet point a few
  • wharfedale diamond 220 (£99) standmount
  • 2nd hand MA bronze 1 standmount
  • curved ball .. but the Dali Spektor 1 (6ohm) would be interesting standmounts too..
  • older castle richmonds (bass thin standmounts)
  • older jamos.. compact 700's, cornet 25's,
  • Bang and Olufsen Beovox CX 100's (6ohm)
  • Classic Mission 700's!
These are the kind of speakers i'd probably consider to throw at it

Pioneertechvintage

Novice Member
Thanks for your detailed response.
In terms of wattage, what is the maximum for two speakers (8ohms). I do like a Classic Mission 700's speakers. They will match nicely....

Orobas

The technics are supposedly 50w speakers.. the mission 700 is a 20-75w speaker. 55hz bottom end so punchy and not bloated in the bass. 19mm treble as opposed to 25mm

Paul7777x

I’d be rather dubious of getting a decent, quick, non flabby sounding bass from an amp with a damping factor of 55.

Bearing that in mind, I’d suggest some super tight, non ported speakers if possible.

I think you’d benefit from some of the slightly smaller Spendors too.

Ps, and if you’re using a modern source, a CD player or dac, then a pair of attenuators might be advisable. A 150mv input can easily be swamped by 2000mv.

Last edited:
Top Bottom