1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

speakers to match denon 3802 amp

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by scotstevie, Nov 14, 2003.

1. scotstevie

scotstevie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi folks looking to audition some speakers to go with my denon 3802 amp and the 2800mkii dvd player.i like watching different types of films and music like a tight sound with ,clarity and a nice clear sound can anyone help with some ideas please

2. chris l.

chris l.

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    scotstevie,

I'm running a Marantz CD6000 K1 SIG (soon to be joined by a Denon DVD2200) through a 3802 with Mission 785's, that cost me £500 from hyperfi 2 weeks ago (£1000 in shops circa 2 months ago) and a 78c and 4 x 7ds for side and rears.

Upgraded from Mordaunt Short 208's and it has been money well spent. The 785's are excellent for music and do movies a good turn also.

I listened to the so called award winners from AE and Monitor Audio at the recent Manchester Hifi show and they were all very light / tinny sounding to me. The 785's I bought unheard and the sound they generate is far in excess of what I was expecting and many times better than the AE / MA units.

I also got a couple of the MJ REF 100's at the show to add that extra little kick (bought before I heard the 785's) and I must admit I would probably have only gone for the one now knowing how good the 785's are.

Regards,

Chris

3. Dimmy

Dimmy
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    scotstevie - the best speakers for your amp will be very much dependent on the size of your listening room.

Hence I ask, what size is your listening room ? :)

4. Hawklord

Hawklord

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +265
    We also need to know how much you have/want to spend.