1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Speakers to match a Linn Classik

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by Shirker, Aug 7, 2002.

1. Shirker

Shirker
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Can anyone recommend a fair cheap (£200 tops) pair of speakers to go with a Linn Classik. A mate of mine is very keen to get his hands on the Linn and is interested to know what speakers to match with them.

Out of interest if any Linn owners would like to tell me what they are using then I'd be greatful.

2. ads1

ads1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    Not quite an answer, but several dealers seem to be doing classik/speaker deals, e.g.

http://www.petertyson.co.uk/offeronclassik.shtml

I think the classik is worth spending a little more than £200 on speakers though. IMHO, a good starting point would be the Kef Q1s.

andy

3. Matt F

Matt F

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    I'd definitely try to spend a bit more than £200. For £250 the KEF Q1s are apparently a good bet.

For better value for money you could look at ex-dem or second hand. For example - Audio Ex (Cardiff Branch) have a pair of second hand Linn Keilidhs advertised at £299:

http://www.audio-excellence.co.uk/special.html

The only issue would be whether the Classik has enough oomph to drive them - they require at least 60 watts into 4 ohms. The Classik delivers 75 watts into 4 ohms so I can't see that it would have a problem with the Keilidhs.

Matt.