1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

speakers to go with.............

Discussion in 'Arcam Owners' Forum' started by A.C.E, Sep 30, 2004.

1. A.C.E

A.C.E

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi all, just registered after a bit of lurking and need a bit of advice/recommendations.:)

kit:-
    alpha 9 integrated
    alpha 7 cd
    m/s ms 30i
    ixos 1004 i/connect

i want to keep the 9 intergrated as i love the control and quality of the sound, but want to try and find a 9P power or 2 to compliment it.
    as for the speakers, i want/need to upgrade. i love the sound with the arcam amps, but want a bigger, more involving and open sound. i was thinking of the old but excellent mission 754f. i heared these a few years back, and was blown away with the sound. i'm not looking to buy new, obviously, but have a budget of £450. what would you recommend?

also, the alpha 7cd is going too, so need a suitable partner for the alpha9 int/power combo. again, looking forward to buying secondhand, and again a budget of upto £450 pounds.

all help/ replies appreciated. crackin' forum btw :thumbsup: :hiya: :hiya:

2. pringtef

pringtef

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +70
    Far as the speakers go, you should be able to pick up a set of second hand B & W CDM1SE or CDM1NTs for a good price. First speaker i had with my Arcam Alpha 10. Great performance with the integrated, outstanding performance when bi-amped with a 10P

3. A.C.E

A.C.E

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i've seem a pair of kef ref 1.2's for sale. see my other thread under speakers :)

4. jont

jont

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +375
    Another vote for B&W + Arcam ... had 5 x 600 series with my old Alpha 10's and first round FMJ's - sounded very sweet ... looking forward to letting the 805s play with the P7 when we move in a few weeks and I've got a dedicated room :))))