1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Speakers to go with AVR200 & Q100 ?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by triplebj, Aug 13, 2002.

1. triplebj

triplebj

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just got my new Arcam AVR200, so needless to say that my Cresta 2/1 speakers are now the weak link ;-)
    I have a Rel Q100 sub as well, which I am VERY happy with...

Yes, I have read through this and forums many times, and expect to hear:
    - Kef Q1 (3 pairs as per Uncle Eric :) )
    - Kef eggs (tested this weekend - did not like the tincan sound !)
    - Gallo
    - B&W VM1
    - B&W 303 (?)
    - B&W 60x S3

Any other suggestions ?

Budget ? - eh, say £800-1000 or so...... (for 5 speakers)

TIA,
    BJ

2. Nobber22

Nobber22

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +109
    How about the Tannoy Revolution R3 floorstanders? I have the same amp you do and I borrowed my neighbours R3's for a quick test and was tempted to lock the door & hide when he came back for them! They sound fantastic with music and have lots of bass for DVD's too. But you have a sub anyway.....IMO your Arcam deserves a good pair of full range speakers, not sats, particularly if you listen to lots of CD's. DVD's as a priority are another story.

The R3's are heavily discounted now and the matching centre is big, heavy & beautiful, but also heard it integrates v.well. R1 rears may be too big and directional (personal preference), but Mission dipole rears should sound pretty ok too.

I admit to loving the Q1's at a recent demo with Arcam A65+ which IMO sounds very similar to AVR200. Eric's nearly always right in his advice too (creep, creep)

BTW, have you managed to get into the AVR200 menus yet and "play"? I can set the speakers db levels, but cannot find: "large", "small", etc. Can you? Do you use on-screen display for setup?

Cheers

3. Jase

Jase

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +861
    How about some Kef RDM2´s at the front with Model 100 centre and a pair of RDM1´s at the rear. Superb speakers, you´ll have to ring around for best prices though.