1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Speakers system for £750

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by vep, Jan 23, 2003.

1. vep

vep
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi i am in the market for my new surround speakers system and i am more and more confused rgarding what speakers set i should buy. So please help me out with sugestion for speakers system for £750. It has to be 2 front, 2, rear (surround) and 1 center. At he moment i am skiping subwoofer (i will buy it somewhere in the future), so the system has to have satisfaying lover frequncies.
    I will connect it on Onkyo 600 receiver. I found out that you guys from the UK don't know a lot about this receiver (i belive it is not so popular there). Regarding sound i can put it somewhere in the middle betwen Yamaha 630 an Marantz 5200 or 5300.

The system will be used for both, music and movies

So please help built my speaker system with some concrete sugestions.

2. NicolasB

NicolasB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +520
    For that sort of price you will probably be better off getting a subwoofer/satellite system, but if you insist on speakers that can go at least a bit below 80 Hz then I suggest Acoustic Energy's "Aegis Evo" range: a pair of Evo 3s at the front, Evo centre, a pair of Evo 1s at the back, and an Evo sub. You can actually pick up the whole system (sub included) for £769 from (for example) HiFiBitz. (Click here). Then upgrade to a better sub when you can afford it.