Speakers/Receivers pack...What do you think?

JohnnyWalker

Standard Member
Reaction score
When i was looking for speakers for a medium/large room (music 70%,films 30%), i came across some packs that offer both speakers and receiver for a lower price. But not being sure about their integration together and not being able to find reviews on some, i relly would apreciate your opinion on this packages:

-Marantz SR 4400 + KEF KHT 1005

-Yamaha RX-V640RDS + KEF KHT 1005

-Marantz SR-4400 + Marantz DV-4400 + Mordaunt Short Premiere 5.1

-Infinity Oreus HCS + Yamaha RX V440

-Marantz SR-6300 +JM-Lab Sib+Cub

They are more or less the same price- 1000$- so it all comes to what works better together.

What´s your thought´s?

I´m in Portugal and i wanted something mainly for music dvd´s but with small speakers. You allready told me that Infinty oreus were good, but are they better than Kef 1005 or Kef 2005, MS Short or yet JM labs sib cub?

Thanks

Ok, thanks. My choice is now beetween Oreus and Mission m70+ms8 ( i heard they´re very good with music).

What do you think about Yamaha RX V440/RDS?

yamaha are good amps can be a bit bright sounding.
if you are looking at Orues consider a HK amp Limited edition HK AVR505 or 507 or AVR2550/3550 there is a new HK range due soon so haggle for a good deal on stock.
See here for stockists:
Custódio Cardoso Pereira SA S. Domingos de Rana +351. 21 445 81 90 + 351.21 445 81 98 [email protected]

If i buy the Oreus, i´m only going to have 350€ for the receiver, so the HK will be a little out of range . Are they really that good?
As you allready know, i was looking for something good with music, but i don´t know how much power do i need.
I was considering this ones:

Pioneer VSX-D812K
Yamaha RX V440/RDS
JVC RX-7030VBK
SHERWOOD RD-7108

I thought it would be good to buy a 6.1 in case i deceide to buy an extra speaker.

What do you think?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom