• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Speakers pushed in.

JonLeach

Hi
Came home to find my 2 year old son having a great time with the cover off my pm c gb1 centre speaker and pressing in the tweeter and woofer

Any good ideas to pull the speaker particularly the woofer out to fix it.

Cheers
Jon

Attachments

• image-2782890982.jpg
    image-2782890982.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 134

MaturityDodger

For the tweeter, sucking it gently out with your lips is best. (don't let your wife catch you at this - it does take some explaining!)

You'd need quite a small face to get into the middle of the woofer cone though, so see if you can pull it out with some form of sticky tape. maybe electrical tape?

larkone

Distinguished Member
or blutak - work it first to soften it and it will stick better.

ChefDude

Standard Member
what about a sink plunger - depress first, then place around speaker, which will create a lower pressure. better than kissing, i would have thought ;)

TobyAnscombe

Toilet roll tube or kitchen roll tube - puts a bit of distance between you and the speaker!

My 13 month old is always poking the cones on my center and this always fixes it with no damage.. I chucked the grilles away years ago. Still, now I have a chance to 'upgrade' so that I get speakers with grilles on :)

MaturityDodger

TobyAnscombe said:
Toilet roll tube or kitchen roll tube - puts a bit of distance between you and the speaker!

My 13 month old is always poking the cones on my center and this always fixes it with no damage.. I chucked the grilles away years ago. Still, now I have a chance to 'upgrade' so that I get speakers with grilles on :)

OP refuses to kiss his speaker cone, so you advise him to suck off a bog roll? I fear he'll see that as a backwards step!

KUBBY

I wouldn't put a vacuum cleaner anywhere near a pair of speakers,to be honest,you have no control over it.

I've used the "Kissing" method before and that worked well for tweeter covers.

K.

pompeydean

audioenthusiast said:
OP refuses to kiss his speaker cone, so you advise him to suck off a bog roll? I fear he'll see that as a backwards step!
Genius! :rotfl:

I agree that a bit of 'speaker love' is best - I've used the kissing method and it works, but more importantly you've got full control of the pressure you apply.

Just remember - no tongues! ;)

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom