1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Speakers lost mid range

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi Stereo Systems & Separates' started by graz, Dec 25, 2004.

1. graz

graz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi I run 4 B&W DM 110I speakers, the tweeters had went on three of them so I handed them into a local Hi Fi repair shop where they replaced the tweeters. Now the mid range seems to have gone, the Bass if fine and the Treble is fine but they lack "presence" the Bass is thumping away and the Treble is clashing away but the mid range isn't if I turn back either the Treble (to stop it sounding so "tinny") or the Bass (to stop it sounding so "boomy") they sound totally "flat".

Any suggestions anybody, because I'm now thinking of buying new ones I'm that fed up with the sound!!

2. Londondecca

Londondecca

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +96
    The only thing I can think of is the shop did not replace with identical tweeters

3. Gman85

Gman85

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    lol! They must of given you some cheapy tweeters with totally different characteristics, (e.g different Ohm rating and sensitivity). Unless there's a fault with the crossover, shouldn't you check with the hi-fi shop first, personally i wouldn't be very happy?

4. Jeff

Jeff

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +256
    Or they need to be run-in.