• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

speakers into hd telly ? help please ... much love

No1coolcarl

Standard Member
ok so we have a UMC 19inch telly with rubbish built in speaker. a brand new set of speakers with only a green standard audio (headphone) jack to plug into it.

when i plug the headphone jack into the two options on the side
*** pc audio *** (silver hole)
***ypbrps/S-video audio*** (black hole)

NOTHING HAPPENS ? can anyone tell me why.

ps this tv has no stated ((headphone socket)) :thumbsdow##

carl

jendo

It seems to me that the sockets you are trying to plug your speakers into are designed for inputting sound into the tv not outputting sound to your speakers. Do you have any other equipment connected to the tv like dvd player, sky or such like?

neilball

I've had a quick google and non of the UMC TVs I've found have a headphone socket or any audio out sockets so there is nowhere to plug in your new speakers directly.

You might be able to use a scart lead with video/audio out connections - this has a smart plug on one end and 3 or 5 phono connections on the other. The 3-phono leads come in either Scart in or Scart out and you would need a Scart Out version, or get the 6-phono version. If your speakers use a 3.5mm plug then you would also need a stereo phono to 3.5mm adapter. You should find these at a local Maplin shop if there is one near you, if you want to order online then I'd go to CPC or similar.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom