1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Speakers fro Denon 3801

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by pauld, Jan 12, 2001.

Tags:
  1. pauld

pauld

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all,

I have a Denon 3801 and B & W speakers but need some new speakers for centre rears for 6.1 use. I know I should try and keep the speakers the same, but wife won't let me spend B & W money anymore!!!!

I have been offered a pair of Mission 731's or a pair of Acoustic Energy AE100's.
    Will these be O.K with my B & W's , as I'm just using the new ones for rear centre channel use???????

Thanks. Paul..

2. Mad Max

Mad Max

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Don't change the choice of speakers... Change wife [​IMG] oops, sorry [​IMG]

Ok, more seriously, you better take the time to convince your other part, since the best choice you could have is tonal match all around the back.

You can also try to start out with only one back speaker (B&W), and in a couple of months buy the second... I bet she won't even notice it [​IMG], and the Denon allows for a 1 speaker setup [​IMG]

------------------
    An adult is just a kid with expensive toys.

Rui

3. ReTrO

ReTrO

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +59
    Get the AE100's, pretty decent speakers, and they are front ported like the B&W's. I am gonna get a front pair for my setup, to go with my AE107c that i'm getting tomorrow.

Rick

------------------
    'I am just a figment of your imagination.'
    MiB 1997

Work Site: The Sound Gallery
    Home Site: WD A.V.