Speakers for Yamaha RXA A4A

Alejandro0424

Novice Member
Hello guys, I hope someone can help me decide because it's my first home theater and I want to do it right. I am currently in charge of the Yamaha RX-A4A avr that arrives in November, but I still do not decide on the equipment since I am among the klipsch RP-600M, RP-500C subwoofer SB-1000 Pro or Svs Prime Bookshelf Speaker, prime center and SB-1000 Pro subwoofer. I hope you can help me make the decision because I can't listen to the equipment and I only rely on YouTube reviews, my room is 32.8 square feet. In Atmos I don't have any idea to choose either. Thank you very much.

Gasp3621

Distinguished Member
Hello guys, I hope someone can help me decide because it's my first home theater and I want to do it right. I am currently in charge of the Yamaha RX-A4A avr that arrives in November, but I still do not decide on the equipment since I am among the klipsch RP-600M, RP-500C subwoofer SB-1000 Pro or Svs Prime Bookshelf Speaker, prime center and SB-1000 Pro subwoofer. I hope you can help me make the decision because I can't listen to the equipment and I only rely on YouTube reviews, my room is 32.8 square feet. In Atmos I don't have any idea to choose either. Thank you very much.
Hey! You probably meant square meters so 33m2? Can you say the room dimensions in meters (LxWxH)?

AVForums doesn´t sadly have many owners for either models cause they are US brands meaning the UK prices are higher than competitors. Your best bet is to google Klipsch RP vs. SVS Prime at AVSForum (US) and also from Reddit. There should be tons of threads cause those two are probably most sold models in the price range (US). However even then it´s quite risky to buy without listening as no one can say for sure which You would like more.

If you go with Klipsch try to get RP-600C which has identical 6,5" drivers to 600M. Center channel being most active speaker in your system so don´t cheap out with it! The SVS Prime should be fine too regarding good feedback, although it has slightly smaller drivers but 3-way design which is more ideal for a horizontal speaker. But if the listeners aren´t on wide area then the 600C should work ok, Klipsch recommends RP-504C for a wider area of seats/listeners.

Also if you buy Klipsch wait until the Reference Premiere II new range prices are announced locally and availability. This should mean that the old range you are looking will go on sale! Don`t go buying it before the prices drop.

Alejandro0424

Novice Member
Hey! You probably meant square meters so 33m2? Can you say the room dimensions in meters (LxWxH)?

AVForums doesn´t sadly have many owners for either models cause they are US brands meaning the UK prices are higher than competitors. Your best bet is to google Klipsch RP vs. SVS Prime at AVSForum (US) and also from Reddit. There should be tons of threads cause those two are probably most sold models in the price range (US). However even then it´s quite risky to buy without listening as no one can say for sure which You would like more.

If you go with Klipsch try to get RP-600C which has identical 6,5" drivers to 600M. Center channel being most active speaker in your system so don´t cheap out with it! The SVS Prime should be fine too regarding good feedback, although it has slightly smaller drivers but 3-way design which is more ideal for a horizontal speaker. But if the listeners aren´t on wide area then the 600C should work ok, Klipsch recommends RP-504C for a wider area of seats/listeners.

Also if you buy Klipsch wait until the Reference Premiere II new range prices are announced locally and availability. This should mean that the old range you are looking will go on sale! Don`t go buying it before the prices drop.

I'm sorry, I thought this forum was American, my room is 10.6 square meters. Thank you very much for the recommendation

Gasp3621

Distinguished Member
I'm sorry, I thought this forum was American, my room is 10.6 square meters. Thank you very much for the recommendation

Ah ok. This is UK based forum. :) It`s hard as people have different tastes and some hear X thing while other hears the opposite, rooms are different etc. I don´t know what kind of system are you coming from, if soundbar/tv then both are going to sound quite amazing with SVS subwoofer. Perhaps the price, looks/finish is the deciding factor if you can´t otherwise make your mind.

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung QN95B 4K QLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom