speakers for xbox, pc, tv

anobium

I have just purchased a 32a559 samsung tv and the speakers are terrible not sure if they are faulty, any time there is any bass it shakes the tv and just sound bad, apart from that the tv is great, what I am after is some speakers I can use for the tv, pc, and xbox. My question is if I connected speakers to the optical connection on the tv would that work each time I used different input, e.g I use pc the sound would be output, xbox ect?.

Scott_Mac

Distinguished Member
I have just purchased a 32a559 samsung tv and the speakers are terrible not sure if they are faulty, any time there is any bass it shakes the tv and just sound bad, apart from that the tv is great, what I am after is some speakers I can use for the tv, pc, and xbox. My question is if I connected speakers to the optical connection on the tv would that work each time I used different input, e.g I use pc the sound would be output, xbox ect?.

If it's an optical out from the TV and you pass audio through the connections from Xbox etc to the TV, then yes it should work just fine....

There should be some analogue outs too just in case...

I highly recommend these little babies:

Acoustic Energy AE26-06B AEGO M 2.1 active speaker: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics & Photo

If the budget stretches that far, they're the best sounding 2.1 system i've heard for that sort of money... sounding far better than they should be allowed to for the money!!

cooky560

Standard Member
If the TV has an analog output just connect it to a receiver / Amplifier and then disable the TVs volume.

anobium

Back again I have a stereo with half decent speakers could I hook this up to tv, xbox, pc so they all can hear the sound through my hif-fi? the only connection on back of hi-fi is video out red and white socket, not up on the sound side of things.

anobium

I don't think so - looking at the Samsung site yout TV has an optical out but no stadard (phono) out. Unless you amp has an optical in then you won't be to connect it.

Chris

Yes it has audio out red and white sockets?, so I could connect this to my hifi and all the inputs that are connected to my tv, i would hear the sound through my hi-fi speakers yes?

Yes it has audio out red and white sockets?, so I could connect this to my hifi and all the inputs that are connected to my tv, i would hear the sound through my hi-fi speakers yes?

That would be the ones and to answer your question YES,but you would need a corresponding free Red & White IN on the back of the stereo and a phono lead to connect.

ChrisAV

As long as they are indeed outs, and not inputs or for use with composite/component in, then yes they should be fine.

Chris

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom