1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Speakers for rears, which will be best?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by Pollywoggle, Dec 30, 2004.

1. Pollywoggle

Pollywoggle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +81
    I have Mission 780se fronts and centre and 780 rears. An svs pb2+ covers bass duties
    However, the week before Xmas one of the rears drivers failed so I took it for repair.
    As I could not face Xmas with the system down I needed a quick and temporary replacement so bought a pair of old Mission 753s with cosmetic damage quite cheaply from my local hifi shop to stand in untill the repair was completed.
    I have grown to like the 753s in the short time I have had them but they are ugly as hell and a bit knocked about. They definitely seem to exhibit a fuller sound even though I imagined that with rears this would not be noticable too much?
    So what I am really asking is, does the quality of rear speakers matter that much, I guess I will have to swop between the little 780s and the old monster 753s to see which I prefer but surely with an 80hz crossover set by the amp and all speakers set to small there should not be a lot in it?

2. Dfour

Dfour

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +85
    I would still say there will be a difference because of the quality of the speakers/wiring/crossovers etc and in this case the cabinate sizes as the 753's are monsters.

I suppose it also depends if your playing multi-channel music or not.