1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Speakers for PC use !!!

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by DodgeTheViper, Dec 23, 2001.

1. DodgeTheViper

DodgeTheViper

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,518
    I have just upgraded my speaker system from the Mirage AVS-500 sub/sat system to M&K K Series , with the intention of selling the Mirage system .
    In the meantime i have had on my shopping list a speaker system for my PC , which has a Soundblaster 5.1 soundcard . I have been looking at something like Creative's DTH 3500 system or Yamaha's TSS 1 , reviewed in this months HCC . Then i thought what about the Mirage system ???

If i chose the Mirage system would this be better than those mentioned for my PC , or would it be overkill ? Also how the hell would i connect it up ?

Any help appreciated

Kev

2. ReTrO

ReTrO

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +59
    If the Mirage pakcage is 5.1 as I suspect (what with this being a HC forum) then I would buy a cheapish receiver/amp to go with them,such as the Denon 1602/1802. It must have a 5.1 input for use with a 5.1 soundcard until PC games and soundcards support DD and dts properly. You should connect it using both a digital lead of some form, optical or coax depending on what your cards has as an output, and using a 4 or 5.1 analogue output into the 5.1 input.

Good luck, and have fun!

3. dochall

dochall

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    if you do go for a pc system rather than the mirages be aware that the creative speakers are all being replaced. The top of the line system (Megaworks 510D ?) have had some good early reviews and look interesting.

Alternatively look at the Videologic range and Kilpsch.