Question Speakers for Outdoor Setup

Discussion in 'What Speakers Should I Buy?' started by lrriley, Aug 8, 2017.

1. lrriley

lrriley
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi everyone,

I'm building an outdoor theater and I'm looking for specific speakers to fit my needs.

For our setup, we don't want to leave anything out. So we're using a smaller projector that we'll pull out on game day or other outdoor specific events. And we'd like to have wireless speakers that we pull out too. We'd like it to be surround sound, so 5.1 at least.

Essentially, the projector and speakers will fit in a box. We pull them out. Set the projector up in the space we've designated for it and then put the speakers up and we're done. The less cords the better. So we were hoping for wireless.

Is this possible? Or am I being crazy.

We haven't bought the projector yet, so based on speaker suggestions, I'll know which features to get for projector to work with the speakers.

Any help would be appreciated.

2. Member 769353

Member 769353
    Previously davidf

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +747
    Speakers need a power source, so unless you're going to run speaker cables to them from an AV receiver, or run them off batteries (you'll still need to find an AV receiver that will send wireless 5.1), wireless just isn't going to happen. There will always be cables somewhere along the line as true wireless doesn't exist.